hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: It works!! Add melatonin and L- Carnitine to your minox for much better results ...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/08/2017 10:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/02/2017 05:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
taco
Prolific Poster

I'm bought some jel caps
I just puncture and apply to temples at night
Was doing this for 2 weeks but had surgery and stopped
Just started up again
let ya know how it goes
 05/04/2017 06:19 AM

Author Icon
slayer
Regular Poster

Thanks for the answer X !

Are you using the liquid version ?
 05/04/2017 03:31 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: slayer

Are you using the liquid version ?

Not liquid, I'm using 10mg NOW capsules. I'm also taking a 1000mg taurine capsule a day, just added that in the last week. I'll try these for several months and see how it goes.
 05/05/2017 01:33 PM

Author Icon
DKC
Accomplished Poster

I've been using oral 3mg for about 2-3 weeks. I think I've seen a slight but noticeable improvement at the hairline.

I prepared some pictures but the quality was too much to fit on the site, I'll have to downscale them and upload at a later date. From the pictures I've taken it appears that the terminal hairs on my temples are slowly starting to grow. I think I will need more time to see this but will update you guys soon.

-------------------------
1mg fin ED
Minoxidil 5% 1x ED
 12/22/2017 10:42 AM

Author Icon
Wolverine
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: Wolverine

Originally posted by: mr

I'll have to second what Wolverine said - Even though I take "Lipogaine for sensitive scalps" minox once a day, I would still have some scalp irritation. After adding the melatonin ... my scalp is completely normal with no irritation whatsoever. With Melatonin being dirt cheap, that alone is worth adding it ...

Not only is my scalp healthier but the vellus hairs are thicker and healthier looking too.

Yes I wish I would have tried it a long time ago. The irritation and flaking from using minox with alcohol/ppg is almost completely gone. I've been using Nizoral for years and this fixed it in less than a week. It's still early, and I'm cynical about natural treatments since I've tried so many things that don't work. But this really is a nice surprise.

So just wanted to give an update after close to 9 months using topical Melatonin and L-Carnitine.

Pros: It completely cleared up the dermatitis and skin irritation caused by long term use of liquid Minoxidil w/PPG. It has been worth it for that alone.
Cons: It does nothing for hair growth. Zero. Nothing. My hairline continues to get worse. And I'm going through another bad seasonal shed right now. It also makes me tired.

I'm going to keep using it but will cut back on the dose of Melatonin from 10mg to 2.5mg or lower.
Statistics
36216 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 126 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 126 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc