hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: stem cell treatment
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/27/2017 03:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/27/2017 03:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

If you are wondering how all these clinics out there are able to get away with offering stem cells treatments that do nothing there is an interesting quote in this article that gives a simple explanation. In my opinion anyone offering these therapies using blood and stem cells without supplying thousands and thousands of before and after pictures which clearly show substantial regrowth are simply a case of someone taking advantage of another for profit. The fact is if you have something that works it would not be hyped up by the doctors themselves or those that work for a doctor. In fact just the opposite would happen. They would have zero time for such activities and they would in no way be able to meet the demand. What it does offer is a red flag that can be used in one's research.

Some American operators are trying to slip through Food and Drug Administration regulation, says Charo, who served as senior policy advisor in the Office of the Commissioner of the FDA between 2009 and 2011. The FDA regulates medical devices, tissue transplants and drugs, but not organ transplants or the way medicine is practiced.

To sell a product that can heal without claiming it is a drug, some clinics remove stem cells from a patient, grow them with "minimal manipulation," and then reinsert the resulting cells back to the same patient. "There has been a long-running battle over whether that is a tissue transplant akin to organ transplantation and thus the practice of medicine, or a tissue transplant that is acting like drug," Charo says. "If the latter, then what you do is subject to FDA (regulation), so you have to prove that your product is safe and effective, which almost always requires expensive clinical trials."

In early February, an appeals court upheld the FDA's ability to regulate manipulated stem cells as drugs, Charo notes. But the victory may be hollow: "Each case takes a tremendous amount of effort to bring suit, prove the facts and win the appeal, and many other clinics may open up in the meantime."

In some countries, pretty much anything goes, Charo says. Almost half of stem cell treatments occur in China, but Mexico and Russia also have growing sectors. "Some clinics advertise brain injury treatment for patients who are in no condition to travel," she says. "Patients, and especially parents of children with injury or disease, are often desperate. One child went to Russia and raw bone marrow was injected into the brain. It's horrifying."

- See more at: http://news.wisc.edu/stem-cell.../#sthash.yEBYfcUK.dpuf

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 03/27/2017 05:07 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I should have added this to the existing thread.

If we look at history regulation comes in when enough people get screwed over. I don't think you will see that with hair but with others issues I believe you will see people step forward. Of course depending on the harm they experience.

The reason it doesn't happen with hair is because shame keeps victims from speaking up. This is why you see industries like the hair loss industries able to do so much damage for so long.

Pay attention to the quote on the FTC in the article. Victims don't understand their remedy is with the marketing and the FTC not necessarily the poor result.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 03/28/2017 07:31 PM

Author Icon
DD
Regular Poster

Wow..thanks for posting this.
Statistics
35907 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 292 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 292 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc