hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What's happened to this website?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/02/2017 06:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/09/2017 04:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Farrel

Thanks for reporting that. I'm not sure what the cause is because I have been able to access the site without problems.

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 04/10/2017 02:29 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

My observations over a long period of time tell me that there a several in the ht industry that do not like this site. It represents something to them which is a threat and it's why they often focus on it but not by name. The truth is a threat and sometimes the made up content of Dr. Vinny Boombatz vs Dr. Binny Boombatz who is better gets old when one understands that it's made up for a reason. That much of what one sees on the forums in general is made up. So how do you make it look busy? Maybe start attacking other sites but I don't know I'm just going by observation.

The first screen shot below represents the front page this AM using the Opera Browser. The second shot represents the forum page using explorer with the home page looking normal.

I'm using a different browser to actually post the message.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 04/10/2017 02:49 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Thanks for posting that Topcat, it should be fixed now. Please try it again and let me know if it's fixed now.

This site has been up since 2000, that's 17 years now. If HT doctors wanted to take it down they have had 17 years to do so. I can assure you that it's related to SEO rankings and has nothing to do with HT doctors. The time HT doctors would have taken it down, if they wanted to, was right in the beginning, like 15 years ago, not now when there is far less HT activity.

I make my determinations by following the actual evidence, and the evidence tells me it's SEO related and it has nothing to do with HT doctors.

But you are obviously free to believe whatever you want.

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 04/10/2017 03:04 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I'm sure you know better then me. Just commenting on what I see which is sometimes only on the surface.

After refreshing the browser the forum page does not come up normal and looks like that screen shot at the bottom of the previous post using Explorer, Opera, and Chrome

What is different now is each time you try to access hairlosshelp.com you get a checking your browser page from Cloudflare page with the bouncing dots before you actually access the page. That was never like that before..........having a page come up before accessing the site

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 04/10/2017 03:11 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Please try loading that page again and see if it works now.

As far as the CloudFlare page goes. We are under DDOS attack right now. That's why that page is activated. It slows the requests so they don't all come at once and then overload the server.

It will be turned off when the attack stops. But it should only get shown to you every so often, not everytime you access the site.

04/10/2017 04:19 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

ah.............I see I will check it again later and let you know. Otherwise yes this page below is up more then the site.

04/10/2017 04:32 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Ok thanks. Yes that is the normal page when you are under DDOS attack. I'll turn it off when the DDOS stops. Otherwise the server will just be down without that page delay.

04/11/2017 06:54 PM

Author Icon
maudite
Regular Poster

I am glad I am able to load the forum again. Can you give us any details about who you think attacked the site?
 04/11/2017 11:02 PM

Author Icon
caco
Accomplished Poster

it looks weird
 04/13/2017 07:09 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

It still only looks normal when I sign in. I'm using Chrome & Internet Explorer - sorry I didn't respond before Farrel.

UPDATE: Actually some of the icons e.g "Author Icon" of TopCat & caco & richhairman don't show for me even when I'm signed in - but Skywalker (mine), sunchyme1 & Maudite & SideShowBob & rosariorose9 & Farrel's do show ! There's also an icon (I don't remember what it is) to the left of the time and date on each post that never shows up for me. I just get black "x's" in these cases.

When I try to open attachments (even signed in) I get:
"500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Weird...

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas

Edited: 04/13/2017 at 10:43 AM by Skywalker
 04/13/2017 11:58 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Thanks for reporting these issues. I will look into the problem.

Can you try clearing your browser cache first and see if that helps.

04/13/2017 08:48 PM

Author Icon
MrMister
Accomplished Poster

Farrel, it seems the CSS issue people are experiencing is related to viewing the site on www vs non-www versions of the site. For example:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo...tid=10&threadid=118589 vs. http://hairlosshelp.com/forums...id=10&threadid=118589

I only discovered this because I googled something hair loss related and got the www version. If you use an .htaccess file, you can place the following code in there to redirect the www pages to non-www:

#Force non-www:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.example\.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://example.com/$1 [L,R=301]
 04/14/2017 06:39 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Hopefully everything here starts to function as it should. This is a very important site for the general consumer. In fact anyone that considers themself a consumer advocate in this business should be spreading that same message. Go to hairlosshelp.com for information based on consumer advocacy. So many other sites are completely overrun with marketers and that is the biggest red flag in this industry. Marketers are in the business of promoting and making money which is great but it really has no place when it involves a medical procedure. Consumer advocates should be talking about the extensive history on this site has which is searchable. You can then go back and connect the dots with what you are seeing today and make a decision based on logic and not constant marketing.

Rarely do you hear a marketers tell you that 4000-5000 grafts are probably the best most could hope for and that represents only about 20-25% of the loss most will experience over a lifetime. So in order to plan a hair transplant one must seriously consider not addressing the crown and then waiting long enough where the hairline recedes far enough that the numbers can start to make sense. At the same time the strip procedure for most is the worst option because you are using thicker caliber hairs which end up looking odd in the hairline for most regardless of the hairs per graft. Yes it might look okay in pictures but when you see it up close in person chances are you will say to yourself yep I can see what you are saying that does kind of look like sh*t. Yet you will often hear the experts still promote strip heavily. Are they simply clueless or is something else going on?

Marketers are a red flag and this site being attacked is a red flag in my opinion. Maybe there is information here that you need. Maybe it is in the history. Do the opposite of what marketers are telling you and read what is on this site.

04/15/2017 08:32 AM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

This like any other site is only promotion.
It´s an industry, and belive me as many others like me treated their hair loss purely naturally.

The thing though that amazes me is that people fully put their trust in trials made by drug companies, and the so called FDA proves them without hesitation.
Scary as hell but not surprising at all, since they will always be there for you for obvious reasons.

It´s right in front of our noses.
 04/16/2017 02:07 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: MrMister

Farrel, it seems the CSS issue people are experiencing is related to viewing the site on www vs non-www versions of the site. For example:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo...tid=10&threadid=118589 vs. ">http://hairlosshelp.com/f...threadid=118589

I only discovered this because I googled something hair loss related and got the www version. If you use an .htaccess file, you can place the following code in there to redirect the www pages to non-www:

#Force non-www:

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.example\.com [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://example.com/$1 [L,R=301]

GREAT spot 'Mr Mister' this is EXACTLY the problem I have - and removing the "www." fixes the problem regardless of whether I am signed in or not.

UPDATE: OK, a caveat - I still can't see the attachment here:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo...achid=41349&forumid=1

- but maybe that attachment is itself the problem ?

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas

Edited: 04/16/2017 at 02:15 PM by Skywalker
 04/18/2017 06:52 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I still believe this all goes back to seeing too much truth while at the same time others wanting to boost their own rankings by making others sites invisible. Anyone that has watched this long enough and watches the process of how doctors are added or removed from the paid for lists would have to assume there is marketing fraud going on and of course one would not want to openly do something illegal or have it pointed out. It would need to be hidden or done over such a long period of time that most simply can't pick up on it.

When threads are deleted because the guy is on the list or wants to be on the list with no explanation it speaks for itself. Then the same doctor comes on and posts something the next day unrelated to kind of smooth things over while the rep chimes in several days after that with some kind of feel good I'm doing the right thing kind of thread it all follows a pattern.

You can watch which reps come forward in support of the feel good thread to keep things humming along. Then one needs to start questioning the motives of the reps who come in and help with their support. It's like a hen that can't pick the parasites off the back of their neck so another hen will do it for them with the understanding that at some time in the future the favor will be returned.

This all takes long periods of observation and once one picks up on it they suddenly realize do I really want to have a medical procedure that requires this type of deception? Logically does it make sense?

You then start to realize the danger someone can be in if they are using a Google search and come up with someone at the top of the list that decided that getting there by any means necessary was the right thing to do. Now imagine the person doing the search just buying into not realizing it might not be what it seems.

I would highly suggest if you are considering this procedure to meet patients in person ideally in their home along with meeting their family. If you do decide to meet with a rep same applies. Meet in their home and if applicable meet the wife and kids. Something strange happens when a person knows you know where they live and you know their family...............they have a strong desire to be honest.

Edited: 04/18/2017 at 06:59 AM by topcat
 04/19/2017 08:54 AM

Author Icon
GZ11
Accomplished Poster

It appears there is no SSL certificate installed on the web server for this site. You can see this when trying to log in as HTTPS is not available and the connection is not secure. You can buy SSL certs for a really low cost from GoDaddy or Network Solutions.

The site also isn't displaying templates correctly when logged in and has been slow for the past two weeks.
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » What's happened to this website?

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
35798 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 314 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 314 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc