hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Topical finasteride log
Topic Summary: Trying out topical fin with minoxidil, nizoral and fin pills
Created On: 04/08/2017 01:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/19/2017 10:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: jazzb

You have a derma roller? Try 1mm every other day and see the nice results .

How has it helped you? What's the science behind it?
 09/20/2017 02:45 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Well looked into a dermal roller, found one for $3, so I bought it. For $3 how can I go wrong? Adding it to the reg when it gets here.
 09/21/2017 08:58 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Keeping you guys up to date!!! Well, losing 1/6th of what I was originally losing! Going great, happy with the topical so far!
 09/22/2017 02:00 AM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Myboyblue13

You have a derma roller? Try 1mm every other day and see the nice results [IMG][/IMG].

I tested it on my forehead I had been using 5% and 15% mixture minoxidil with added additives for the past 3 years. Good results and growth, so I decided to test the derma roller around my forehead. I used 1mm every other day and applied 5% minoxidil straight after. After a few months my whole forehead was covered in so many vellus hairs. So in that theory based on my own results I now derma roll on my whole scalp every other day.
 09/22/2017 09:20 AM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

You have a derma roller? Try 1mm every other day and see the nice results [IMG][/IMG].

I tested it on my forehead I had been using 5% and 15% mixture minoxidil with added additives for the past 3 years. Good results and growth, so I decided to test the derma roller around my forehead. I used 1mm every other day and applied 5% minoxidil straight after. After a few months my whole forehead was covered in so many vellus hairs. So in that theory based on my own results I now derma roll on my whole scalp every other day.

It´s the blood pressure medicine (minox) that develops hair, since it´s a side effect.
You can pour the stuff wherever you want on your body, and hairs will occur.

-------------------------
It´s right in front of our noses.
 09/23/2017 06:06 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

That's great, looking forward to trying it! I've got a pic of my front right hairline progress. It was fairly hard to see the new growth so I had to do a black and white filter which came out nice.

https://i.imgur.com/HqDVLB1.jpg
 09/25/2017 07:24 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

I'm barely losing hair daily now! My scalp is feeling more "durable" and healthier if that makes any sense.
 09/30/2017 09:21 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Okay guys, 3 days worth of shower drain hair accumulation and I have about 30-40 hairs to show for it. That's my guess anyways. Topical is going great.
 10/16/2017 08:31 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Well I'm not really losing much hair at all (nothing note worthy) now which is great, the amount of new hairs that have come in look like results you get from a hair transplant! Getting better every week it seems. Waiting for my demra roller to come in to add to my regiment. Going to lower my dose back to what I started with soon, just don't see the need for a high dose anymore and gonna go back to 5% minoxidil in a month and a half to 2 months. I also don't want to add to the systemic effect of the derma roller. Still waiting for a cure but this seems to be working for the moment.
 10/18/2017 08:50 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Okay so here's my final review on topical fin (will continue with updates):

Is it superior? From my experience, an unresounding YES!

Oral fin took 7 months to seize hair loss and the topical took 6 months.

Had side effects on oral fin (minimal but noticeable) and zero side effects on topical!

Was taking 1.25mg fin pills and only .25mg of topical.

It's easy to apply since I mix it with my minoxidil and I choose where I want DHT blocked.

My scalp is feeling great! Regrowth is going well and my outlook looks pretty decent!
 10/19/2017 02:48 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

lol are you enjoying having conversations with yourself?
 10/19/2017 11:31 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

If it benefits others in any way than it can be positive.

Much of what we see out there on other forums is basically the same just using multiple screen names as a way to deceive. Most of that is directed towards enticing readers into surgery which for many might be ill advised or simply procedures meant only to generate revenue like PRP and tattooing. Some in fact leave readers worse off with several accounts of long term shock loss from PRP and mentions of cancer with tattooing. Plus much of the tattooing looks absolutely ridiculous.

What myboyblue is doing is relatively benign if you look at the big picture.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 10/19/2017 08:21 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: sunchyme1

I don't know, did you enjoy making 21 of the same thread, crying to Farrell about the search function? My thread is helping people, what're you doing here?
 10/20/2017 01:28 AM

Author Icon
Mountinfan

Topcat is right. He knows from many years. Wise old putty, A couple of comments, HTs work if you are the right candidate and have the right surgeon. It takes skill and artistry---and few have it and a precious few have the ethics to match. Personally, HTs have changed my life for the positive; great results from the hair god himself in the windy city.
Now back to topicals. I am trying a fin/5% minox combo; seem to be tolerating it well Too early to tell--1 month. Not sure how much to spray; kind of haphazard, Am wondering whether Dut topical would be better? Am intrigued by derm roller. Are you recommending it? Any particular one?

Mountinfun
 10/20/2017 12:43 PM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: Mountinfan

Topcat is right. He knows from many years. Wise old putty, A couple of comments, HTs work if you are the right candidate and have the right surgeon. It takes skill and artistry---and few have it and a precious few have the ethics to match. Personally, HTs have changed my life for the positive; great results from the hair god himself in the windy city.

Now back to topicals. I am trying a fin/5% minox combo; seem to be tolerating it well Too early to tell--1 month. Not sure how much to spray; kind of haphazard, Am wondering whether Dut topical would be better? Am intrigued by derm roller. Are you recommending it? Any particular one?

Blood pressure or a prostate drug, and you can smear the shit all over your body for unwanted hair since it´s a side effect.

Treat the hair loss instead, and you will regrow your natural hair instead of unwanted.

10/20/2017 01:21 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Mountinfan

I put 2ml of the fin/minoxidil combo on every night. As far as a derma roller, I just started yesterday and will do it every other day (1mm needles).
 10/20/2017 01:26 PM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

Oh sorry it´s FDA approved so it has to for your well being, and not for beneficial reasons....

11/02/2017 07:58 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

I'm at my 2 week mark for the derma roller, however I don't notice a difference. 1mm every other day and I roll my entire top of my scalp but I don't notice anything at the hairline. I'll keep at it though.
 11/07/2017 08:13 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

Not much has changed, scalp is a little itchier lately so that might be more regrowth. However still testing the derma roller out.
 11/13/2017 08:15 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

I've noticed a lot of regrowth at the peak of my hair! You can kinda see the waves of hair growth, it's actually getting quite dense with hair. The crown has had the second most amount of growth and the sides of the top (on each sides of the peak) hasn't seem very much improvement. I started losing the sides of my peak first but it was superficial and I didn't see much loss until exactly 1 year ago when I had aggressive loss right before I started fin pills. The peak was second to start to go, then the crown thirdly. Any thoughts on my progress? Or explanations about the sides of my peak not growing as expected?
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Topical finasteride log

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36199 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 550 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 550 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc