hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Are you undecided about shaving your head?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/05/2017 05:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/05/2017 05:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I thought this was a very good video for those that are considering shaving their head. I believe it to be absolute reality based on my own experience being around women in the night club scene for well over 25 years.

What this guy says about women preferring masculinity over hair is the truth. This is the danger of medications that lower dht. They take away your masculinity in very subtle ways over long periods of time and I basing this on my own observations of others.

If you are on the fence this video might helpful.

How to deal with and accept balding

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 09/07/2017 04:22 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

What this guy is saying in the video I have found to be 100% true. If you listen to some of these posters on some of these forums that are telling you to go to Turkey to have a hair transplant while taking Propecia because he states some girl in a club went ewww when a guy took his hat off and was balding it's meant to draw an emotive response from you. It's meant to create the social proof in your mind that you need to do the same and take action. It's put out there with intention and that intention is not necessarily to benefit you.

I worked in the night club industry for just under 30 years. Sorry but the truth is women are attracted to masculinity. If any of the men that this guy notes of in his video walked into the club for example The Rock, Jason Stratham, Bruce Willis, etc women would be instantly drawn to them because female DNA is wired that way. They cannot help it. Is it possible some teeny bopper still cares about hair............sure but masculinity always trumps hair.................always. and the teeny bopper grows out of it. Some just later then others.

The Propecia boys that are feminizing their body long term are doing exactly what you should not be doing as a man. Give it some thought and it's here to give you some balance on reality.

This same 22 year old kid if he is real believes if it doesn't work out he will just shave his head at 50 and get hair dots.............he is utterly clueless or misleading with intention. If real I can guarantee you his numbers do not add up and he could easily regret being talked into a hair transplant at 22. That is why you want to keep on eye on clinics that are doing this type of work.

And how many that work in the industry and have a presence on the forums are correcting the numbers for him?..................zero...............there is a very good chance if he is 22 now he will not have to wait until he is 50 to find out.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 09/07/2017 at 05:38 AM by topcat
 09/22/2017 12:32 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

Great post topcat. I am 32 years old now, and my best friend is 35 years. When we were in college, we both tried propecia. I had side effects after 2 months, and he had them after 4 months. Keep in mind we were 19 and 22 at the time, where the last thing we should be experiencing or thinking about are sexual side effects. Long story short, my friend accepted it and has been sporting a shaved head since then, where I went through 4 botched surgeries before having my only successful one, which was a repair with Dr. Umar. I'm mentioning this because I think a lot of this comes to each man's intrinsic feeling and view towards his hair loss. I couldn't cope with it, and as a result I made some serious mistakes. It certainly affected me in a worse way than it did my best friend. As far as the female variable comes into play, I agree with this study. My friend has a plethora of women he has been with, whereas I feel that my success with women was compromised due to them picking up on my insecurities despite me having more hair than my friend. Luckily I am doing a lot better after my surgery with Dr. Umar, and after an arduous journey, I think I will finally overcome my issue and insecurities after my second surgery with him this October.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
 09/23/2017 02:33 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

HH4E that's great that you were able to repair all the botched work. Unfortunately too many young men are still being misled by what I can only describe as weirdoes. Yes I think that would be a good description of creepy older guys trying to lure young guys into something without giving them all the information and subtly nudging them. You see it all over the Internet and it's bizarre.

The hard truth is most guys experiencing hairloss will lose about 20,000 follicular units and yet for most if they are lucky they might have about 4000-5000 follicular units available to transplant from their donor area and that donor hair too could very well be lost over time. So we are talking about 25% coverage or less. What exactly does that mean? It's a 4" square of about 50% density. Any young guy can cut out a square and take a long hard look at it. Cut it up in strips if you have to but that is what you have to work with. It puts it all in a different perspective when you actually have to cut out that square and move it around your head keeping in mind it is only 50% density which will be see through depending on the angle and the light. Most young guys are simply not candidates and if this is true it cuts out the sweet spot of the market. Those most desperate with the least amount of life experience and cognitive ability.

As far as massive body/beard hair sessions in my opinion they look absolutely bizarre and those performing them are unethical. Yes when used within reason for repair patients it does have a place but anything else is simply about making money at the expense of some hopeful dupe and it's a complete disgrace in my opinion. Mega session body/beard hair transplants look bizarre in pictures so I can only imagine what it looks like in person.

HH4E Keep up the good work. Young guys need more information and less nudging. It's not only these old guys you have out there working the online forums. You have some who claim to be 22 with one hair transplant constantly encouraging others to go to Turkey for example. What exactly is that all about? Then you have forums setup with the sole purpose of giving them a place to lure in others. Young guys need to be very careful. Obsessing about hair is pathetic in the eyes of a female so keep it all in perspective. You have many predators out there that will work on your emotions. So observe what they post and give it all some long critical thought. Try to figure out what angle they are working.

Edited: 09/23/2017 at 08:50 AM by topcat
 09/24/2017 07:10 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Another great example is a post on another forum from yesterday. The young man had a robotic fue procedure and there is a clear delineated rectangle on the back of his head with a much lower density then the surrounding hair. Anyone looking at him from behind would notice it and they would be saying to themselves wtf is that?

This is one of the negatives with the device and this was posted about years ago, a very poor extraction pattern. So why is the device being promoted and why is that little factoid being left out? Because some creepy old guy wants to make money plain and simple. It's also the same reason why when this was posted about several years ago along with the extremely large punch size the promoters all started to repeat it's not the tool it's the doctor. It's not the tool it's the doctor. A tool is only as good as the doctor. This young man was taken advantage of by some creepy old guy and if you look at the industry in general there seems to be a lot of that going on and normal people look at it and it all seems bizarre.

Are all these people working together or is it simply a matter of going along to get along and keep making money? Why in God's name wouldn't someone send a young guy to one of these doctors using small hand punches with years and years of proven results over this shit? Because if they did they wouldn't have any business so you sell what you got.

This is why shaving you head might be a better option for many. It's very easy to be misled and the more we observe the more we understand the game.

Edited: 09/24/2017 at 05:40 PM by topcat
 10/01/2017 12:31 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

Topcat,

Thank you for the kind words. They me an a lot to me.

I hope to help those people who are thinking of taking the surgical leap prevent making the same mistakes I did. You are so spot on regarding how unethical and dishonest this industry is. It literally prays on men's emotional, and pending physical insecurities. If I had to quantify this industry, I would say that 60-65% of clinics are solely acting in the interest of monetization, not the best interests of their patients. Because of this high number, those doctors who adhere to medical ethics, who are honest, and provide successful result need to be recognized and commended.

Best of luck to you, and you always have amazing threads.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
 10/01/2017 05:23 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I would say that 60-65% of clinics are solely acting in the interest of monetization, not the best interests of their patients.

I would disagree and say it's closer to 95% with only 5% actually having the necessary skill where the procedure is about surgical enhancement and not simply about cutting out pieces of skin and inserting them into holes at the front and top of the head because the money is good and they think they know how to do it.

I also believe that the marketing is such that a good majority are participating in marketing fraud as defined by the FTC. That is easily understood once one looks at all the evidence accumulated over time. We even have doctors and reps that have come online to state it as such in their postings. They are in fact telling you what is going on.

What we are dealing with the 5% that is left and even that 5% can end up getting it wrong as you are dealing with different physiologies where the outcome can never be the same.

If you want to help people then always encourage them to avoid the procedure and work on other areas of the life. If they want to visit it when they are older and they understand the limitations then it may be a consideration and avoid all the other crap.

I viewed another tattoo job this time by a bald doctor. It looked absolutely ridiculous with the head havimg two different shades of color let alone the health implications and this was the showcase. These bald doctors should tattoo their own heads first then maybe they will wake up.

10/11/2017 05:09 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Much of what I post is confirmed on a weekly basis. I'm viewing the result of a dark skinned patient that now has multiple scars on his head and he wasn't a hair transplant candidate to begin with in my opinion. It was all unnecessary with the proper advice but that usually doesn't happen because sometimes it means you don't make money.

Shaving one's head never leaves multiple scars which become hard to conceal.

We are genetically programmed to avoid people with scars as a gut reaction especially multiple scars. It's a sign of possible disease on a subconscious level and this is why you want to avoid them.

The patient could have easily been me if I were 23 today. What happens is at a young age we tend to believe what we perceive as experts and assume we are being given solid advice. If I were 23 today I could easily be a victim of this same procedure or tattooing, PRP, plucking, Acell, etc when in reality it's just a long list of crap that makes money and doesn't really benefit the person signing up.

So be smarter then I was when I was 23 and don't believe these experts working the forums. The procedure is very limited and only safe in a very few hands. That's it. These guys working the forums trying to get you to sign up are there for a reason. Understand it all before you move forward and that can sometimes take years of observation.

Never sign up for a new technique no matter how much promotion is behind it. It needs to be out for 5-10 years at a minimum. Usually the bodies start to float to the top by the 5th year and sometimes sooner depends on how much concrete they are using.

So why are guys trying all these crazy procedures like some did in the past including me. Because we believed the promoters and the same crap is happening now. They promote crap because it makes them money. Stay away from marketers/promoters and do what make sense long term.

I am the only person that points most of this out. It's called independent consumer advocacy with no ties to the industry. I don't want their money they can stick it up their a$$.

Edited: 10/12/2017 at 05:08 PM by topcat
 10/15/2017 07:37 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Suncyhme did you actually post all those threads and if so why?

10/15/2017 05:48 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Back in my basic training days it didn't look so bad with a shaved head but hair was always better, especially in the winter when it covered my ears. And I'd always get compliments from girls on how nice it looked. That is before it started falling out. --).
 10/15/2017 05:50 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: topcat

The reply button had to get stuck.
 10/16/2017 03:14 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Back in my basic training days it didn't look so bad with a shaved head but hair was always better

X I hear you and a shaved head is infinitely better then a scarred up head or a comb over and many young guys are still at risk today no different then in the past.

They are simply not being informed in a way where they can make good long term decisions. We see dozens and dozens of threads online that are simply made up by marketers. Many advising young guys to go for new procedures which is absolutely the worst advice out there. Other threads created to simply sign up for a procedure when clearly their hairloss has not reached a point where the numbers add up long term.

I just viewed a patient with multiple scars from a new technique. Where exactly were the warnings? A hair tattoo patient that now has brain cancer. Where were the warnings? Patients that went for PRP and had massive shock loss which did not return a year later. Where were the warnings and the list goes on. People often ask me why did I try new techniques 20-30 years ago? The answer is easy. There were no warnings. Everyone kept silent and it was being promoted in print because their was no online. The playing field has changed but the game has remained the same.

Of course bringing some of one's hair back is preferable but to do so while minimizing risk otherwise shaving the head leaves one in a much better position. It's common logic and the message needs to be repeated so young guys understand the consequences and don't fall into a trap because they are not using logic. The brain works differently when under stress or when the frontal cortex has not fully developed. We need to help them.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:23 AM by topcat
 10/16/2017 12:15 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

im sick of this clown farrell not replying and sorting this forum out

the place is a ghost town these days so the only info i can get from here is from peoples history. but i cant even do that because the fcking search function doesnt work anymore.

it makes this fcking place obsolete

all i want is an answer

why isnt it being fixed? how long will it take?? he cant even be *****ed to give me answer let alone fix the sites problems

it surely cannot be that difficult to fix
 10/16/2017 12:21 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Suncyhme it's too bad about the search function.

What do you make of some of the forums. I have been to Hairlosstalk and I see dozens and dozens and dozens of threads being generated. Do you think that's real, what's your opinion?

What about this guy Lorenzo who now has cancer that traveled to his brain and believes it was the hair dot tattoo...........any thoughts?

Now we got this guy on another forum with multiple small linear scars all over his head. I mean wtf................why is this even being promoted.........what do you think?

Strange times indeed mate............

10/16/2017 12:49 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Suncyhme it's too bad about the search function

What do you make of some of the forums. I have been to Hairlosstalk and I see dozens and dozens and dozens of threads being generated. Do you think that's real, what's your opinion?

What about this guy Lorenzo who now has cancer that traveled to his brain and believes it was the hair dot tattoo...........any thoughts?

Now we got this guy on another forum with multiple small linear scars all over his head. I mean wtf................why is this even being promoted.........what do you think?

Strange times indeed mate............

hairlosstalk is very popular, must be the most popular around. i dont visit otherr forums though, only these two.

there is a lot of activity there. no doubt some of it is fake. but a lot of the people i talk to over there have been members for a long time and seem genuine people.

people pushing certain agendas are found out very quickly and told to fck off

i dont know of this lorenzo guy. is it 100% certain this tattooing has caused his cancer? or perhaps just an unlucky guy.

the current treatments are a complete joke. the drugs, the surgeries, the tattooing..all of it. we need better solutions fast.
 10/17/2017 02:15 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Sunchyme sure popularity if it's real is nice but popularity does not always mean good information. Much of what I posted there that actually is truthful and does serve the consumer was regularly attacked by groups of screen names. For me this is a red flag. Why would someone attack math when it's explained? Why would someone attack pointing out doctors that work within the numbers, etc?

Many understand forums can be set up as honey pots to trap desperate young guys. The concept just does not work as well as it did in the past and doctors now seem to be hesitant in attaching their name to anything that might give the appearance of marketing fraud as it's all pointed out. These marketers create dozens of screen names along with threads so those new must understand how it works.

Yep if you connect the dots 3 months after each hair tattoo procedure he had a recurrence of cancer with the last one traveling to the brain. I suggest a biopsy of the lymph nodes to determine if they are loaded up with ink. Hopefully Lorenzo makes it.

We have guys today that are being completely scarred up. One case I recently viewed looked like the person was attacked by a wolverine with multiple scars all over his head. So what's going on and why are marketers endorsing this? These are the doctors they are marketing. Wow I thought the procedures I had 30 years ago were bizarre in hindsight but these newer procedure are even more bizarre.

It also seems like the bodies are start to pop up from Turkey..........any thoughts?

Edited: 10/18/2017 at 05:17 AM by topcat
 10/20/2017 12:33 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

If you see what is happening in Hollywood with the fall of Harvey Weinstien you should ask yourself why no one spoke up sooner. Even those that are now distancing themselves from all the exposed predators claim they knew something was up..........so what didn't they say something?

This is why shaving your head or a very closely cropped style should be your first option. Too many working the online forums are in fact predators and what they are doing is grooming. They don't catch all the rabbits but they don't have to they only need to catch the ones that are most desperate and that is the common denominator..........desperation.

Those in Hollywood that were victims were simply desperate. Desperate to fulfill their dreams and there is a lesson in their for hairloss sufferers too. You need to be extremely careful if you are desperate. If you are young confide in a real friend or family member and not some screen name or online expert. This does not mean everyone working in the ht field lacks integrity but I think many of them working the forums need to be observed a little more closely.

I didn't see it when I was 23 but of course it's all much clearer now just as what I see happening online is very clear today.

Edited: 10/20/2017 at 12:54 PM by topcat
 10/21/2017 10:01 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Sunchyme sure popularity if it's real is nice but popularity does not always mean good information. Much of what I posted there that actually is truthful and does serve the consumer was regularly attacked by groups of screen names. For me this is a red flag. Why would someone attack math when it's explained? Why would someone attack pointing out doctors that work within the numbers, etc?

Many understand forums can be set up as honey pots to trap desperate young guys. The concept just does not work as well as it did in the past and doctors now seem to be hesitant in attaching their name to anything that might give the appearance of marketing fraud as it's all pointed out. These marketers create dozens of screen names along with threads so those new must understand how it works.

Yep if you connect the dots 3 months after each hair tattoo procedure he had a recurrence of cancer with the last one traveling to the brain. I suggest a biopsy of the lymph nodes to determine if they are loaded up with ink. Hopefully Lorenzo makes it.

We have guys today that are being completely scarred up. One case I recently viewed looked like the person was attacked by a wolverine with multiple scars all over his head. So what's going on and why are marketers endorsing this? These are the doctors they are marketing. Wow I thought the procedures I had 30 years ago were bizarre in hindsight but these newer procedure are even more bizarre.

It also seems like the bodies are start to pop up from Turkey..........any thoughts?

i dont look at the ht stuff really topcat so i dont know much about it

im not a candidate and hair transplants look like sh1t most of the time.

even these so called top doctors from belgium that people are constantly recommending are average at best to me.

hts are only good for people with slow loss and arent going to be headed for a high norwood.
 10/22/2017 04:52 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Suncyhme I agree with you 100%. One can only reduce their risk but the procedure itself is not only extremely limited but having the skill to perform it so it looks natural on someone that is an ideal candidate to begin with is also extremely difficult.

You are trying to match color, caliber, and density in the frontal zone for example and for some it's just not going to look right no matter what the doctor does. It is absolutely the same as trying to restore a DaVinci. Some can come close but it will never be that of the original and maybe not trying to restore is better in the long run.

This is why when I go to forums and post truth that is attacked by groups I have to ask myself what exactly is going on here. Who is running these forums and what is the purpose. Those that post these threads about going to Turkey for example and 8,000 - 10,000 graft donor estimates are not being truthful. Even with strip we would have seen thousands upon thousands of 10,000 graft cases over the years............they don't exist because the majority of donor can only bring back 25% of the hairloss for most long term and the numbers are closer to 5000 most especially with fue. When I see this type of untruthfulness to me it's akin to what a pedophile would do. Make young guys feel good and show that you care about them.........it is absolutely bizarre to me. Yes some don't like my style of cold hard truth but what many others are doing is completely bizarre to me. I'm not here for the dollar.............I'm here for the purpose. When I point out doctors that have been around for years that I have not even been a patient of and their history clearly shows the majority of patients all under 5000 grafts for 20+ years and that is attacked.........it's a red flag.

Hopefully better treatments will come in the near future for those feeling desperate and I would encourage them to stick it out. Their pain will lessen over time. For those that are simply researching you need to understand over the years the online forums and resources have been overtaken by a cabal of marketers spreading disinformation in a way that seems helpful but simply generates revenue so they can purchase their next trinket.

10/27/2017 08:50 AM

Author Icon
pidda
Accomplished Poster

In my opinion, getting a hair transplant was one of the most horrible mistakes I've ever made. I still struggle psychologically with it. Don't let these guys pray on your insecurities and pull a fast one on you because business is slow. I wouldn't do it over again even if I was paid a lot of money to do it. Some of these people working at these clinics should be ashamed of themselves. With that being said, I believe the side effects of finasteride and dutasteride to be minimal and I'd recommend that instead. If you lost all your hair then where the hell are you going to get the donor from? Even 1000 grafts puts a huge dent in the donor, why bother with this psychological torture? Do you really think doctors that do this kind of snake oil salesmen kind of b.s. such as robotic f.u.e. care about your well being?

herp derp
Statistics
36058 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 227 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 227 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc