hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Laser v/s LED:
Topic Summary: All lasers are not same:
Created On: 09/13/2017 02:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/13/2017 02:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dr. A's Clinic
Prolific Poster

Beware and do in-depth research before choosing a "so called" laser device.

LASER (wave length 650 nm, 5 mw) has been approved for safety as well as efficacy. However, patients wonder about difference in price of various laser devices. That is happening because some companies are passing off cheap LED lights.

e.g. if there is a helmet with 80 lasers.

To cut cost, some companies may install e.g. 60 LED & 20 lasers and sell at a fraction of cost.

LEDs are for Diwali/Christmas decorations. Do not fool people.

-------------------------
I work for Dr. A's Clinic. My opinions need not be shared by Dr. Arvind Poswal
Dr. A's Clinic (Location - India: Delhi, Mumbai)
Ph:-(011)- 26274367, 41315125
Mob:-0987100606, 9810178062
Free online consult email ,
www.fusehair.com
 09/13/2017 10:45 PM

Author Icon
Dr. A's Clinic
Prolific Poster

Those wishing to read the medical studies proving the laser's efficacy may go through the studies carried out below.

Study 1. The treatment of androgenetic alopecia with LLLT devices2

Study 2: Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss

Study 3: MECHANISMS OF LOW LEVEL LIGHT THERAPY

Study 4 : A Novel Approach to Treating Androgenetic Alopecia in Females With Low Level Laser Therapy

Study 5: Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study

www.fusehair.com
 09/17/2017 02:52 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

I have been researching LED treatments for quite sometime now. It seems that there are nothing but inconclusive studies out there, and most of them state that it is not an effective nor viable hair loss treatment.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
 09/18/2017 07:31 AM

Author Icon
marikeo
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: hairhope4ever

I have been researching LED treatments for quite sometime now. It seems that there are nothing but inconclusive studies out there, and most of them state that it is not an effective nor viable hair loss treatment.

There was quite a stir in the hair loss communities some years back around some promising studies in regard to lasers. Lots of folks used them. I personally built my own device and used it for 2 years.

I had no noticeable success with lasers nor did I ever see a credible posts from anyone who did.

Lots of money to be made selling laser devices so folks are very passionate. But if you do your research on results going back may years, you will be disappointed.
 09/18/2017 01:11 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Lots of money to be made selling laser devices so folks are very passionate. But if you do your research on results going back may years, you will be disappointed.

Thanks for sharing your experience and providing some logic.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 09/26/2017 07:13 AM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

there are many serious scientific studies using light therapy to prevent cell death by increasing ATP production -look it up online its used to cure things like trumatic brain injury, skin damage etc.. but it has to be powerful enough

its just photons, lasers or led are the same at the end if the power is the same and now you can have a 20W LED in 850 nm with an optical power of about 2W which is equivalent to a 2000MW laser at a fraction of the price, and with no risks of damage to the eyes because LED are unfocused by nature.

the probelm is that hair is opaque and wont let light pass through so its not going to work if you have hair, only for a very short haircut situation and then its not going to regrow anything but only help reduce cell death or promote better growth in a mild manner but with no running costs and no side effects as an addition a proven regimen that is

FIN 98~04
DUT 04~08
DUT + Flutamide & Fluridil ~08
DUT + RU ~09
RU only (20mg to 400mg/d 09~11)
RU+Minox 11~15
RU 20 mg/d (in 6ml Neogenic)
Now:
Adenogen
CB 03-01 25mg/d in 6ml Neo
 05/02/2018 10:59 PM

Author Icon
Dr. A's Clinic
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: el_duterino

there are many serious scientific studies using light therapy to prevent cell death by increasing ATP production -look it up online its used to cure things like trumatic brain injury, skin damage etc.. but it has to be powerful enough

its just photons, lasers or led are the same at the end if the power is the same and now you can have a 20W LED in 850 nm with an optical power of about 2W which is equivalent to a 2000MW laser at a fraction of the price, and with no risks of damage to the eyes because LED are unfocused by nature.

the probelm is that hair is opaque and wont let light pass through so its not going to work if you have hair, only for a very short haircut situation and then its not going to regrow anything but only help reduce cell death or promote better growth in a mild manner but with no running costs and no side effects as an addition a proven regimen that is

OMG!
Just went through your regime.
You are still taking those outdated, harmful medicines.
The MNCs earned profit from unsuspecting and unaware patients like you to maximize their profits (by the way if you are in Canada) you should know that the class section lawsuit is being filed there as The Post-Finasteride Syndrome.
Please go through the following link as proof.
http://www.propeciahelp.com/class-action-lawsuits

www.fusehair.com
Statistics
36258 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 222 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 222 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc