hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How my life with my hair loss has completely transformed
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/17/2017 07:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2017 07:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Froposo
Occasional Poster

Okay, it has been a very very long time since I have even looked on this site. I am a product of 2 hair transplants and after my second transplant, I was looking pretty good. My confidence was high, and I could tell with the ladies that I was seen as attractive....

However fast forward a few years later, my front section which was filled in with the transplanted hair was beginning to thin out... It started to look weird...

I wasn't thinking much about it until, the looks started to happen.... I noticed that people started looking at my hair, and it was an innocent look, but something was catching their attention....

I started to feel really self conscious about my hair, and I knew that there was no way in hell that I was going to do a third surgery considering the down time it takes to recover and to regrow your hair....

So I began to explore options of adding hair in between my existing hairs through almost like hair extensions.. They would tie strand by strand.... and it would thicken my hair, but it was a temporary and very expensive ordeal...

I then began to use hair thickening sprays, and that actually did help, but the overall thickness of the hair was an issue, and that too just looked really weird....

Then I began to explore the option of a hair system..... Now guys, I was so damn against it.... However I started seeing more and more youtube videos of guys totally transforming right before my eyes, and so I began to explore the option....

The one thing that I have an advantage of is that I have a transplanted hair line... Now remember this, because it's going to play a huge role in my decision that I made....

So sure enough I came across a video of a guy who had a hair system but wasn't happy with his hairline, so he decided to have a hair transplant just for the hairline so that when he wore the hair system it would be completely undetectable....

So I said to myself that I'm actually already in this guys situation... I have a hairline, I just lack density behind it....

So I made the decision to bite the bullet and get a hair system - using my real transplanted hair line and to put the system behind it... And guys.... I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! I finally look great!!! And I will continue to use a hair system until the hair transplant/stem cell breakthrough is finally here. But in the meantime, I will not waste my time feeling so damn self conscious about my hair...

Let me tell what has happened to me.... I went from a pretty confident guy who still had some hang ups with my hair, to a really confident guy who doesn't think about my hair anymore.... I just love looking at it in the mirror.....

So how good does it look? Its' absolutely undetectable considering my real hairline is there. I have two daughters, and my youngest is with me all the time. I mean every day, I bring her to school, and she just mentioned to me in the beginning that she loved my new hairstyle...... My ex wife said nothing to me, but I noticed that she was flirting with me more.... My oldest daughter who is 19 totally calls me out on anything that she is thinking - said nothing except that I look great.

The only person I actually told was my best friend. He is the only one that knows that I wear a system.

I feel super confident, I love the look and here is exactly what I do....

I use a little topikk along the hairline, and it blurs the hairline into the system just perfectly. If I wanted to, which I don't know if I will or not, I am considering thickening my transplanted hairline with maybe 300 hairs. But I'm in no rush..

The one thing I would tell you guys is this.... If you have a hairline, get a system - you will look ridiculously amazing. If you don't have a hairline then get one, and then get a system...

Guys we don't know how long it will take to see the stem cell breakthrough that we have all been waiting for. I got my first transplant in 2005, and I thought that we were close back then. I honestly think we are 3 - 5 years away from it now....

But I can't tell you how freaking happy I am. Do your research, but I've been wanting to share this with you guys because I know how shitty it feels to wake up and just look at yourself and all you see is weird hair on your head... It just sucks... Now I don't have that, and it feels awesome. I've attached some photos so you can understand why I'm happy.....

I'm trying to attach photos and I don't know how... Would love some pointers on uploading photos please.
 09/17/2017 02:47 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

Froposo,

Great post, and I can completely relate to you. I especially agree with you emphasizing how important research and due diligence is. I was butchered 4 times by two separate clinics before having my repair with Dr. Umar last January. I believe it comes down to what type of treatment and/or solution one is looking for. Hair pieces can be a viable alternative for an individual.

-------------------------
Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
 10/01/2017 07:28 PM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

if you have a HT using anti hair loss meds to prevent more damage is a must

i assume you did not ?

I had a hairline HT 4 years ago to recover the hair area I lost at the front before propecia existed early-to-mid 90's, and have used RU, Stemox and Minox ever since and have not lost anything since then

I dont regret the HT very pleased with it

FIN 98~04
DUT 04~08
DUT + Flutamide & Fluridil ~08
DUT + RU ~09
RU only (20mg to 400mg/d 09~11)
RU+Minox 11~15
RU 20 mg/d (in 6ml Neogenic)
Now:
Adenogen
CB 03-01 25mg/d in 6ml Neo
 10/02/2017 12:13 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Froposo good to hear it worked out for you. If given the same choice I would opt for a piece behind a ht hairline too as opposed to using medications. Too much risk in my opinion long term with hair pills. Luckily for me some of my previous work was both a curse and a blessing. My lateral humps are so high that density behind the hairline is not much of an issue for me.

For younger guys they would be better off holding off on surgery. Then take a look at some of the conservative doctors for example Bernstein and look at those results. They represent reality so you can use the pictured results as a template of what is possible.

Why are his results so different then some of what is put out there? Because it's reality and he is just being honest.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 10/02/2017 04:41 PM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

What risks with hair pills ? I took fin for 6 years then dut for 4 and have no issue whatsoever besides low libido while on DUT

Haven't taken any pills in almost 10 years though, as good topical anti androgen like RU or CB are far superior to pills for front hair loss

FIN 98~04
DUT 04~08
DUT + RU ~09
RU+Minox 11~15
Now:
Adenogen
 10/02/2017 05:02 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

What risks with hair pills ?

Finasteride raises estrogen levels. Long term I believe that raises the risk for cancer and other diseases. Long term means 20-30 years of continual use.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 10/02/2017 at 05:31 PM by topcat
 10/03/2017 03:43 AM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

No it does not raise E levels
It does raise T levels but a little bit

In any case there is no future for FIN once CB is available

Fin did not save my hairline at the end but it did delay damage

RU or CB can block hairline loss a lot Better

FIN 98~04
DUT 04~08
DUT + RU ~09
RU+Minox 11~15
Now:
Adenogen
 10/03/2017 04:43 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

No it does not raise E levels

I would disagree with you and the information is out there. Some of the claims are it raises it by 13% but my guess is it might be higher. Raised estrogen levels are connected with quite a few diseases. I would recommend those considering to do more research and then make a decision.

Good to hear you are not using it and have other options. Not familiar with these new medications.

Something that seems innocuous like soy milk when fed to an infant can result in breast cancer when they are adults. It has an affect on the genetic code Epigenetics.

For males it can affect their sexual development. Hormones are not something to play around with in my opinion.

Edited: 10/03/2017 at 05:56 AM by topcat
 10/03/2017 04:44 PM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

That's why fin isn't prescribed to growing men

Nor infants

Anyway you may want to educate yourself on hairloss meds - it's sad to see people still believe That fin/minox is the end of it after all the thousands posts we have on these forums on topical anti androgen

FIN 98~04
DUT 04~08
DUT + RU ~09
RU+Minox 11~15
Now:
Adenogen
 10/03/2017 08:57 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Raising estrogen long term which is what finasteride does increases your risk for cancer.

Not worth hair in my opinion. Happy I was smart enough not to take it. To each their own. People take all kinds of medications without worry..............good for them.

10/04/2017 02:05 AM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

That's why we have the option to use those topical anti androgen with short serum life that do not produce any systemic effects on hormone levels - RU or CB

CB will be out in 2019 as an acne cream first which can be used for hair then a true MPB product will follow

In the meantime a lot have been using the RU or CB in raw form produced by Chinese labs with good success

All this to avoid having HT which should be the last resort and carries various irreversible risks as well

FIN 98~04
DUT 04~08
DUT + RU ~09
RU+Minox 11~15
Now:
Adenogen
 10/04/2017 02:24 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

That's why we have the option to use those topical anti androgen with short serum life that do not produce any systemic effects on hormone levels - RU or CB CB will be out in 2019 as an acne cream first which can be used for hair then a true MPB product will follow In the meantime a lot have been using the RU or CB in raw form produced by Chinese labs with good success All this to avoid having HT which should be the last resort and carries various irreversible risks as well

Makes sense to me and I would agree. Reduce your risk.

It's hard for these young guys to look way out into the future. They think what matters is only now and nothing else. But when they are 60+ they are going to want to be healthy more then anything and having cancer is no fun. I know someone that just had chemo a couple of years ago and he went blind from it. But the lesson is he still wants to live. That is how perspectives change...............so young guys need to think long term.

I just read a stat in a new book. 88% of the population when given the choice would choose health or wealth. What's scary about the stat is the 12%. Who are they? Many of them I can tell you probably work in the ht industry.

When you choose wealth over health eventually it comes back to bite you in the ass. You end up shi**ing and pi**ing into a diaper then the money doesn't mean so much.

Reduce your risk and don't fall prey to marketers.

Edited: 10/04/2017 at 06:31 AM by topcat
 10/04/2017 05:35 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

This is why we all have different priorities which should be accepted - I would rather have my fingernails pulled out with pliers than have to live under a 'hair system' every day.

Somebody who used one and finally got rid of it said : "imagine having to do EVERYTHING in life whilst wearing a 3 piece suit & keeping it looking good at all times - whilst constantly having the anxiety of being 'outed' ".

Not for me thank you...

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 10/04/2017 08:11 PM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

It's ironic because many men went the HT route and never used MPB meds for fear of side effects but then after the HT - using MBP meds becomes a must because you will end up with a very unnatural looking island of hair , far worse than just regular hair loss

FIN 98~04
DUT 04~08
DUT + RU ~09
RU+Minox 11~15
Now:
Adenogen
 10/05/2017 02:55 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

using MBP meds becomes a must because you will end up with a very unnatural looking island of hair , far worse than just regular hair loss

Yes I agree so it makes one wonder why they were being performed before many of these medications were approved. It's probably the same reason we see about 90% of the postings on forums being fabricated with some forums of course being worse then others. It's easy to mislead those desperately searching for an answer and that becomes very easy money so young guys just need to be aware and hopefully they come across the right information. Doesn't mean they will listen but it gives them a chance.

The answers are in the math.

Statistics
36058 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 233 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 233 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc