hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pycnogenol
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/03/2017 08:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/03/2017 08:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pvog1
Occasional Poster

Has anyone tried this supplement? I have a friend who swears by it for hair and skin, but it is quite pricey. There also seems to be a question as to whether it is the same as a generic pine bark extract. Does anyone take either/or?
 11/03/2017 03:32 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I have never used it but I do know it's been around for a very long time. It was big with the life extension community 30 years ago and I followed that area closely. Some of those same compounds can be found in raw cocao beans so I would tend to believe it does have some effect no different than other foods when eaten for example pastured beef liver. The effect is very noticeble.

I was big on supplements 30+ years ago but not any longer.........only food.

I was a member of lef.org at it's inception and I have watched what it has become over 35 years. From cutting edge information to simply a multi-million dollar supplement company. The magazine is now basically a catalog.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 11/03/2017 05:14 PM

Author Icon
pvog1
Occasional Poster

Thank you for the information. I definitely think there is merit with pine bark. I suppose it's just a question as to whether the French one specifically is worth the extra cost.
Statistics
36058 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 241 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 241 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc