hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: can anyon give updates or opinions in new (old) treatments???
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/08/2017 06:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/08/2017 06:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
caco
Accomplished Poster

hair multiplication:

aminexil:

cb or ru:

stemoxidine:

rogaine foam:

or so? anything else?
 12/19/2017 06:32 PM

Author Icon
maudite
Regular Poster

I can discuss RU58841 and minoxidil. I have been using RU58841 for a long time. I think it may be somewhat effective. There may be some photos people have taken of results. A long time ago, it was expensive, probably impure, and difficult to order. Now, none of those things are true. I am also using minoxidil in liquid form because it is easier for me to apply. This has been a very effective treatment for me in the past. There is a lot of research available about ways of enhancing it's effect as well which have been discussed here.

Looking to the future, there are some promising things that may be out in the next few years. Certainly a lot more treatments are in the pipeline now that in the past.
 12/20/2017 01:35 AM

Author Icon
toppikk
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: maudite

I can discuss RU58841 and minoxidil. I have been using RU58841 for a long time. I think it may be somewhat effective. There may be some photos people have taken of results. A long time ago, it was expensive, probably impure, and difficult to order. Now, none of those things are true. I am also using minoxidil in liquid form because it is easier for me to apply. This has been a very effective treatment for me in the past. There is a lot of research available about ways of enhancing it's effect as well which have been discussed here.

Looking to the future, there are some promising things that may be out in the next few years. Certainly a lot more treatments are in the pipeline now that in the past.

Maudite, can you tell where you get your RU and how do you mix it with? Thanks.
 12/20/2017 08:18 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

We could say PRP is a new treatment but actually it's not it's been out for over 10 years. So where are all the hundreds of thousands of results? What about tens of thousands of results? How about one result from a regular poster?

That's another issue with new treatments. You have to wait about 5 years to see if it's marketing bullshit or actually something that works. It's all a long process of observation over time. The technology is general is speeding up but observation over time still holds true as a way to figure out truth from lies.

Yes lots of money is being made if that is the angle one is working. If that's the case then yes some of the new treatments work.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 12/22/2017 02:26 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

When you are trying to determine whether a new treatment works observation over time is the best method and so far we really haven't seen that happen. Outside of the current topicals and oral dht lowering medications which tend to feminize the body all that is left is surgery which has it's own issues.

One can continually visit online sites for new information which can be both good and bad. Similar to media sites like FB where the dopamine feedback loop starts to kick in the same can happen with hairloss sites. Constantly searching hoping to find that nugget of information that you need creates the loop.

The risk is the marketers are consistently working the forums and not always with the best of intentions. Their marketing works by repetition of the message. If you can repeat something often enough people start to believe it's true...............much like fake it until you can make it. If one does not stay aware they can easily fall into the trap. As stated in the previous response PRP is a good example. Where exactly are the thousands of results over the last 10 years? They don't exist but that doesn't matter all one needs to do is keep repeating the message. Stay aware and understand how all this works and apply the concept of observation over time.

Be hopeful and always research but think logically. Ask questions. Where are all the results? Where are all the doctors with hairloss that have had PRP for example? They don't exist. Does that matter and should it be something to think about. Keep this all in mind the marketers are out to make a buck which is fine but some of these treatments can cause devastation for example extensive shock loss with PRP that does not come back.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 12/22/2017 at 04:02 AM by topcat
 12/24/2017 10:12 AM

Author Icon
maudite
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: toppikk

Ya. I buy it from Kane as I have for years. I believe he is honest but I think these forums can spread the word if there is ever anything suspicious that happens.

There is a study about the use of RU58841 on the macaque monkeys that used a 5% solution that was 50% propylene glycol and the rest was other things like distilled water and isopropyl alcohol. I think 50% propylene glycol makes sense but the other ingredients are unnecessary because isopropyl alcohol is harsh on the skin. So I have a solution that is 50% propylene glycol, 42% ethanol, and 8% distilled water. For the most part, you can buy ethanol that already has the distilled water in it. You will have to figure out how much to use of each compound, it depends on the area of the scalp you are applying it to.
 12/26/2017 02:06 AM

Author Icon
toppikk
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: maudite

Originally posted by: toppikk

Ya. I buy it from Kane as I have for years. I believe he is honest but I think these forums can spread the word if there is ever anything suspicious that happens.

There is a study about the use of RU58841 on the macaque monkeys that used a 5% solution that was 50% propylene glycol and the rest was other things like distilled water and isopropyl alcohol. I think 50% propylene glycol makes sense but the other ingredients are unnecessary because isopropyl alcohol is harsh on the skin. So I have a solution that is 50% propylene glycol, 42% ethanol, and 8% distilled water. For the most part, you can buy ethanol that already has the distilled water in it. You will have to figure out how much to use of each compound, it depends on the area of the scalp you are applying it to.

Thanks!
And what is your opinion on CB?
Statistics
36092 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 340 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 340 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc