hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hair transplant at 24
Topic Summary: Hair transplant?
Created On: 01/16/2018 11:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/16/2018 11:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
johntravis
Prolific Poster

I am a Norwood 2/2.5. Have been on rogaine and propecia for 4 years and halted my hairloss successfully. My dad went completely bald as a Norwood 7 by the name he was 30. Is it a good idea to get a hair transplant or will it be the worst choice I ever make in my life? I've seen some good results aNd I am located in NY .

-------------------------
Fin 1-2 mg a day
Rogaine Foam 2x a day
Regene pure DR once a week
Multivitamins
Fish oil
 01/16/2018 01:33 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Is it a good idea to get a hair transplant

No, at your age with your family history I think it is a truly idiotic idea to get a transplant now. I know you might not listen - but you asked for opinions.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 01/19/2018 02:15 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Is it a good idea to get a hair transplant or will it be the worst choice I ever make in my life? I've seen some good results aNd I am located in NY .

What do you think? Is it a good idea or not and why? Surely you must have some thoughts going through your head.

In my opinion anyone that takes DHT lowering medication long term is feminizing their body and brain to some extent. They are also increasing other health risks long term. At some point in the future you might want to reconsider your choice but if you have had a hair transplant you are locked into continuing. You become a slave to it. It becomes a ball and chain.

The reality is for most guys that worry about attracting women they are not doing themselves any favors by feminizing themselves. Women easily pick up on it and I think one should give it some thought. DHT equates to masculinity.

If your hairloss is going to be such that you don't need to use these medications and the loss is not extensive then a hair transplant might be a consideration.

This is reality..............hair matters to some extent but it does not trump masculinity so be careful what you believe. The industry is in the business of selling hair transplants and sometimes they are a very bad idea.

Do women like masculine men?

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 01/19/2018 at 04:31 AM by topcat
 01/19/2018 07:18 AM

Author Icon
pidda
Accomplished Poster

Considering that after a hair transplant at an extremely young age, you would have to try your best to stop further loss. In my opinion, this surgery only makes sense for people older than 40 that are already some type of anti-hairloss medication like minoxidil. I have very strong side effects to minoxidil so that wouldn't be an option for me. You have been given an opportunity of a lifetime by being able to study these forums before you even potentially waste any of your time going to a hair transplant clinic. The donor area is not what it seems, you might feel you have far fewer grafts then you were led to believe especially considering that people actually do lose hair in their donor. Pretty huge gamble in my opinion, I strongly suggest you stay away. Some clinics have no problem operating on 18 year old kids because technically they're adults
 01/19/2018 10:28 AM

Author Icon
johntravis
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: topcat

Is it a good idea to get a hair transplant or will it be the worst choice I ever make in my life? I've seen some good results aNd I am located in NY .

What do you think? Is it a good idea or not and why? Surely you must have some thoughts going through your head.

In my opinion anyone that takes DHT lowering medication long term is feminizing their body and brain to some extent. They are also increasing other health risks long term. At some point in the future you might want to reconsider your choice but if you have had a hair transplant you are locked into continuing. You become a slave to it. It becomes a ball and chain.

The reality is for most guys that worry about attracting women they are not doing themselves any favors by feminizing themselves. Women easily pick up on it and I think one should give it some thought. DHT equates to masculinity.

If your hairloss is going to be such that you don't need to use these medications and the loss is not extensive then a hair transplant might be a consideration.

This is reality..............hair matters to some extent but it does not trump masculinity so be careful what you believe. The industry is in the business of selling hair transplants and sometimes they are a very bad idea.

Do women like masculine men?

Hypothetically if my hairloss completly stopped and I still have a lot of hair right now with just a tiny bit of resesion and I continue to take 5 mg of finasteride (which I do with no side effects) could a hair transplant at my age or in the near future be an option? If I get an FUE and my hair does fall out couldn't I just shave my head when I'm older? I'm too young to be going this bald and I've resorted to wearing a hair system to cover my recession. And it's a nightmare. I also want to know how far away are we from being able to clone hair? How can they grow ears in mice but can't clone hair it's ridiculous.

Fin 1-2 mg a day
Rogaine Foam 2x a day
Regene pure DR once a week
Multivitamins
Fish oil
 01/19/2018 12:45 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

John I think what you will find with the industry is they will blame bad results on poor doctors and/or old time techniques and that is only the tip of iceberg if you observe long enough. I would heed Pidda's words. He is about your age, had a newer technique performed. So what happened? What does he now know that you do not know? Surely his thinking must have been similar to your own otherwise why would he opt for a procedure?

Much of what you read online is generated by the industry itself so it tends to slant in a specific direction. But you will catch a post where the young guy thinks he has it all figured out and finds out he was sorely mistaken and of course all his forum pals will tell him it must have been the x factor but you can repair it. In fact I just read another this past week.

I would suggest sticking it out for a few years as technology is moving at a quickening pace. Maybe work more on coping mechanisms. Why are others able to cope with losses in life better than others? Develop those coping skills as a prerequisite before seeking a surgical solution might be a better option. Once you start cutting out pieces of skin and moving them around there is no going back.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 01/19/2018 at 02:28 PM by topcat
Statistics
36189 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 256 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 256 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc