hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 5AR inhibitors and cholesterol
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/18/2018 09:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/18/2018 09:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Gittes
Prolific Poster

I've been taking dut since 2005, with great success I would say. But I recently had my cholesterol checked, and it was higher than it should be. I've seen media reports tentatively connecting 5AR inhibitors to cholesterol.

Now, most of the posters here are probably generally too young to have cholesterol problems, but I thought I'd ask. Has anybody experienced this?
 01/18/2018 01:46 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

This is why I'd rather take these drugs topically while using as little as possible. Beta-sitosterol works pretty well to lower cholesterol and is even thought to normalize blood sugar. Considering that dutasteride also increases the risk of diabetes beta-sitosterol it might be worth trying for a month or two. You can retest your cholesterol and blood sugar levels to see if it did anything.

Initially it seemed to help me thicken hair up a bit on the sides but as time goes on you need to take more and more to get the same effect. I started out at 1/4 teaspoon of powder a day and am now up to a 1/2 tablespoon. It does work though and fortunately it's not that expensive.
 01/22/2018 07:07 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

The general public is still fairly nescient when it comes to the issue of cholesterol although the tide is starting to turn. Just like the hair transplant industry the Internet gives one the opportunity to have access to more truth as those that truly understand the industry and do not work in it are able to speak it. The gate keepers/marketers who are only interested in generating money are becoming impotent like many who have tried oral hairloss medications as it didn't work out for them.

Cholesterol medications are a trillion dollar industry so with that much money at stake it makes manipulating the information very tempting. Cholesterol is essential to the body most especially when one is experiencing inflammation so where is the inflammation coming from? Could it be a result of the hair medications..............possibly. More importantly high cholesterol in the form of high density lipoproteins is beneficial to the body as well as a low overall cholesterol ratio. What you might consider is to have the particle size measured as it's the very low density lipoproteins that could very well be the bigger issue. Is your doctor aware of this....probably not and doctors are just as likely to be uninformed. This is why it is essential to become your own guru through reading of books most especially those of the last 20 years in which the voices were simply lost in the wind because they were going up against too many that were making too much money.

Having higher inflammation in the body is not a good thing. Maybe consider having your homecysteine levels checked along with CRP. You also might have to find another doctor to consult. Someone that stays current outside the information only provided within the system he is a part of which very well may be happening with your current doctor.

You will now more easily find doctors working outside the system more than ever without fear of losing their license. What has changed is they are now able to monetize truth which was not possible before the Internet. They are now actually able to make more money on the Internet speaking that truth then they ever could practicing. As others see these easy 7 figure paydays they too start to join and the movement becomes larger and larger.

And the marketers that were selling statins without disclosing some of the truths are starting to look like the as*holes they always were.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 01/22/2018 at 07:24 AM by topcat
 01/23/2018 02:03 AM

Author Icon
toppikk
Prolific Poster

Gittes, which tests did you do? Total cholesterol? HDL and LDL? Triglycerides?

I've also been taking dut for 10 years and the last time I checked cholesterol levels (August 2017), they were perfectly fine. I've also been taking Omega 3 for the last 2 years, maybe it has something to do with it too.

How is your diet? Do you exercise?

Edited: 01/23/2018 at 02:10 AM by toppikk
 01/23/2018 05:59 AM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: topcat

You will now more easily find doctors working outside the system more than ever without fear of losing their license.

That may be true to a certain extent but most doctors will still automatically go with officially approved treatments that are typically expensive and carry risks of side effects on their own. Statins for cholesterol are a perfect example, instead of as a last resort it's often the first. In some studies beta sitosterol has been proven to be just as effective and much safer but because pharmaceuticals can't patent it (they tried) it's often overlooked. Drugs are big business and doctors, whether willingly or not are part of the system.
 01/23/2018 07:07 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

That may be true to a certain extent but most doctors will still automatically go with officially approved treatments that are typically expensive and carry risks of side effects on their own. Statins for cholesterol are a perfect example, instead of as a last resort it's often the first. In some studies beta sitosterol has been proven to be just as effective and much safer but because pharmaceuticals can't patent it (they tried) it's often overlooked. Drugs are big business and doctors, whether willingly or not are part of the system.

Of course and that is why one must become their own expert same with hairloss/ht. What I learned about cholesterol I learned well over 20 years ago which means the information has been out there just not to those following the sheepdogs.

Politicians, celebrities, those that control social media, white coats, most marketers and self proclaimed experts for profit are sheep dogs and this is exactly why one must become a voracious reader of books if they want truth. Then cross reference it all.

These sheepdogs pledge an oath not to you and me but to systems and if they play their cards right they are enriched if not then they are attacked.

Information for the general public (sheep) slowly trickles out as long as the revenue stream is strong.

When you see lots of activity with online forums there is a good chance it's overrun with sheepdogs.

Cholesterol is a lie and fear based marketing generating a trillion dollars in revenue. Be more worried about tweaking your endocrine system with this oral hairloss crap because the risk of cancer long term is real. It's a ticking time bomb in my opinion. So think long and hard before you join that tribe.

Statins have no benefit

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 01/23/2018 at 07:59 AM by topcat
 01/23/2018 09:17 AM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Good article on statins, it confirms what many have been saying for years.
 01/24/2018 01:04 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Gittes and X here is a good primer on cholesterol for those that don't have the time to read 30-40 books on the subject. But the main takeaway should be the hundreds of thousands that have been harmed because a trillion dollars worth of revenue could be generated. Over 20-30 years and many were simply misled how is that even possible.........because that is the way it works.

It all works the same regardless of if its Finasteride, hair transplants, hair tattoos etc. If the money is there then many will lie to get a piece of that pie regardless of how many are harmed along the way. Anyone that believes Finasteride is safe long term does not understand how the system is set up and it's only when/if cancer rears it's ugly head that one has the "oh shit" moment. With hair transplants it's the same. When you see marketing bozos then that's a cue. Those that go into it without understanding it all will very likely also have that "oh shit" moment.

Dangers of Statins

Edited: 01/24/2018 at 01:29 PM by topcat
 01/25/2018 07:36 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

The problem with statins is that they are overkill since the body needs cholesterol. Beta sitosterol works in the gut, which that article points out was the previous way of reducing levels. But BS lowers the bad cholesterol while keeping the good. It also has other benefits like prostate and blood sugar health.

My position is that doctors should start with the least harmful way first whenever possible then gradually go stronger if necessary but they seem to want to go right to the top no matter the circumstance and patients are needlessly suffering.
 01/26/2018 06:34 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

The whole notion of cholesterol is faulty but if you can make trillions then who cares right? It is exactly the same as addressing the rise in white blood cells (lymphocytes) when you inject ink into your head (hair tattoo). We certainly do not give you medications to lower the huge increase in your fighter cells. Logic would tell us to find the source of inflammation. Where is it coming from? Why and how do we stop that?

Much too easy to fool the public due to the nature of the brain and our genetic wiring. Do not follow experts become your own expert seems to be the only viable solution to these marketers that only care about themselves and how much they can make.

For most you cannot get through on the cholesterol issue because the brain washing is just too deep. Same applies to many looking at surgical hair restoration. Some wake up but many when it's too late.

Same principles when someone experiences irreversible muscle damage or dementia from statins that they don't need they start to wonder why no one told them. They don't understand marketers/liars like to keep it that way. It also explains why marketers get hot under the collar when someone actually tells others the truth.

Edited: 01/26/2018 at 09:24 AM by topcat
 01/26/2018 02:09 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Drugs are big business so yes it's all about the money for them. I'm actually convinced there are natural, safe ways to regrow hair but that probably haven't been discovered yet but if it ever does it'll get buried because there's no money in it. Same with graying or cancer etc. That's why you'll never see cures for anything, just treatments.
Statistics
36224 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 239 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 240 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc