hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: HRT
Topic Summary: HRT and hairloss
Created On: 03/13/2018 05:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/13/2018 05:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
taco
Prolific Poster

So over the past 10 yrs i have had 4 surgeries and have not been able to work out
I just am about to be able to work out again
some of my friends have been doing hrt and the results are good
At age 55 ivelimited my loss to a nw 2
my concern is if i do decide to go with hrt is there anyoe has done this here?
Did it increase your hair loss?
 03/13/2018 09:07 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Prolific Poster

It will raise your testosterone and you will lose more hair, it's simple. I would just workout without taking steroids, depends on what you value more. Hair or muscles? Drugs like fin and dut will make your body soft and gain more fat. If anything I would actually switch to a topical and your testosterone levels should raise a little and will help with gaining muscle. If you have the cash for HGH, I'd go that route.
 03/14/2018 02:01 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Testosterone levels having steadily declined in men as well as fertility rates. Meanwhile cancer rates have steadily risen.

Much safer to change your lifestyle and be healthy long term.

Much like hair it's the long term results that matter the most.

But like any other type of medications offered by the industry it becomes a personal choice. So good luck to you.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 03/14/2018 04:35 PM

Author Icon
taco
Prolific Poster

thanks guys
was afraid that would be the case
I was born with bad genetics can gain strenth with a decent work out but am always battling a high body fat percentage
My diet is pretty good and with some work i can really focus in on it
a friend of mine at work is a trainer ad can help me out

was wondering if any one here had ever used hgh before
 03/21/2018 10:16 AM

Author Icon
z99x
Accomplished Poster

Taco,

Are you still just using Minox? Did you also use fin in your past regimen? Just tell me about your treatment history, I remember reading posts awhile back where you indicated that you maintained on minox alone.

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 03/24/2018 10:32 AM

Author Icon
taco
Prolific Poster

Z99X

Just minox right now
still maintaining at NW2
I had surgery about a year ago and for about 6 months didnt use anything but had no loss
started minox again back in Nov
 03/26/2018 02:13 AM

Author Icon
harlot12
Regular Poster

HRT isn't good news for your hair bud, unless maybe if you look into a CRTH2 antagonist like OC000459, TM30089 or Ramatroban, as well as a TH2 cytokine blocker, like singular or accolate.

Personally, I believe that if you combine TM30089 with singulair, you can play around with all the HRT you want. Within reason.

Although the CRTH2 antagonist TM30089 alone substantially inhibited IL-13 production in response to both exogenous and endogenous PGD2 and LTE4, a combination of TM30089 and montelukast was required to completely inhibit the response.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3272457/

In other words, if you completely block the MPB response to androgens in begin with, you can pump as much testosterone into your hair as you want. Although I'm taking these 2 drugs I've yet to experiment with how they hold up against anabolics. Your call, my friend. But I must say, it's a calculated risk.

If I were you, I'd take testosterone with a 5ar inhibitor, preventing the conversion to DHT, which really mucks up your hair.

In my opinion, I think you'd be perfectly safe with testosterone supplementation if you take Fin/Dut, TM and Singulair as a buffer. In either case, test is more anabolic than DHT in regards to building muscles.

Hair aside, blocking DHT and the subsequent test rise will work to your advantage in building muscle.

Used to be severely diffused NW5; now a NW2 with some lacking density that can be pulled off as a full head of hair with just a few comb strokes.

Hair is still growing; still relentless, still researching, never giving up.
 03/26/2018 11:42 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

A very well known hair transplant doctor has recently died from pancreatic cancer. It rings a bell because a friend of our family was just diagnosed last year and she didn't last the prognosis of 11 months she died at 9 months. I would suggest staying away from anything that screws with your endocrine system. All the hair or all the money in the world is useless if you are dead. Stay away from it is the best advice. You don't need it. Your life does not depend on it.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 03/26/2018 04:48 PM

Author Icon
taco
Prolific Poster

Guys thanks for the replies
Harlt12 i'm going to have to look up all the info yousent me not familiar with any of that stuff

Always value the opions here
Statistics
36214 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 171 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 171 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc