hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hey topcat
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/20/2018 04:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/23/2018 03:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Tommo I don't eat grains but if I were to eat grains I would make sure that they are non GMO and I would ferment them. If I was eating wheat I would look for the Einkorn grain and make a sour dough bread and with oats you can ferment them over night with a kefir, yogurt or if you have access to raw whey which would be liquid from a local farmer to use as a starter.

My goals are probably different. My bodyfat is really low and I need it to be just a little lower for something I have been working on for a very long time. There is a whole story behind it and I will post about it in the future and grains just can't be part of my diet.

BTW understanding why you should choose non GMO can't be explained in a few sentences. Just like everything else for example hair dot tattooing where the ink seems to disappear but where. Those that have spoken out against GMO have been consistently attacked by those that profit from it same as the ht industry. You can see these little ***** marketers attacking patients and doctors when they need to and that's a clue same with GMO. They try to come off as do gooders but it's more like good for shit. It's been a very long battle and the general public doesn't understand GMO because it requires research. Presently there is a landmark lawsuit against Monsanto and their poison Glyphosate which is related to GMO as those plants are resistant to the poison so you can spray extra loads on it.

Here is a link to an article on preparing grains, nuts, etc. Weston A Price covers the subject fairly well.

Weston A Price

Glyphosate lawsuit

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 05/23/2018 at 06:41 PM by topcat
 05/27/2018 02:09 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Thanks for posting this Topcat, I had no idea and I'm sure many others don't.
 07/01/2018 10:46 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Tommo a couple of recent recommendations for you

"Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life" (Kate Rheaume-Bleue  )

And "The Salt Fix" (Dr. James DiNicolantonio)

Most especially the K2 because it gives some insight to the long lived French and Japanese along with those that consume yogurt. It also helps to eliminate the fear behind eating eggs as pastured eggs are high in K2 and K2 is roto rooter for the arteries exactly the opposite of what many believe.

The salt book too is very good as it relates to blood flow in the body and how salt increases blood volume. It reminds me of "Cholesterol Myths" which I read about 20 years ago. It goes against the mainstream pundits that simply seem to be in it to make a buck.

I have never had Natto but that will be one of my next foods I will try to add to my list. You can also check them out online.

Can this be hair related in some way. You never know if blood flow can be increased maybe the result is healthy hair. Weston Price traveled the world back in the 1930's and there was something he pinpointed in certain foods and he named it activator X he didn't know it at the time but it would become to be known as vitamin K2. Strong bones, teeth, facial structure, etc.

Anyone that has had a loved one pass on too soon there is a good chance you can blame it on misinformation from a marketer. There is just too much money being made so you have to do the work yourself.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 07/01/2018 at 11:17 AM by topcat
 07/06/2018 12:59 AM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

It's funny you've just mentioned this as I just started to do a little bit of research on it. And also k1 which I believe is found in the leafy greens vegetables.
Keep them coming mate, I still check the thread just can't be here as much as I like to with all the family commitments.??
 08/10/2018 12:26 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Tocat can you lay out what you eat throughout the day as a meal plan please, I'm guessing it's pretty similar for most days.
Also do you cook your food in animal fat? I'm looking at getting some from the local farm, I'm reading all different ideas on how to prepare at the moment.
No stress mate when ever you can.

I'm starting to believe the reason for losing my hair so early in life was because of all the crap I grew up on, I realise that this is not going to make it come back but it would be nice just to be healthy
 08/10/2018 03:39 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Hey tommo Mostly raw pastured butter, raw pastured soyfree eggs, raw cocoa nibs, pastured beef heart & liver as mainstays. Some coconut oil, avocado, pastured raw milk cheddar cheese, ground beef and rarely chicken. Sometimes I cook the eggs up very lightly yolks still cool low heat in butter. Liver very lightly cooked about 1-2 minutes low heat coconut oil, beef heart either tartar or steamed very lightly in a couple ozs of filtered water, seasalt.

Some fermented vegetables, fermented berries and broccoli sprouts.

If I cook it's very low heat and only lightly prevents as much damage to the fats and proteins as possible.

Once in a while I will have lamb if my wife makes it.

08/11/2018 02:15 AM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

I actually thought you would eat a fair bit of fish. Cocoa nibs I've never seen for sale around here but they look interesting.
So if you wanted to increase your lean mass on this diet would you just increase everything your eating ? Just curious as I would like to start playing around with what I'm eating and see what happens.

Would you say fats 70%. Carbs 10%. Protein 20%
 08/11/2018 04:27 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Tommo I actually use to consume quite a bit of fish. Not because I like fish but I just thought I should be eating it. I only eat foods I enjoy now and as far as Omega3/DHA my proteins are all pastured so I'm not concerned. More important is where the food is being sourced and how is it raised.

I would say it's probably more like 45% protein 45% fat and 10% carbs. Nothing wrong with higher fat but in my opinion you will stay lean while it being much harder to put on more muscle. The best approach is to observe your own body over time then you begin to understand how not only macros affect it but how each and every food you consume has an affect.

10/24/2018 01:14 AM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Topcat how do space your eggs out over the day especially if your eating two dozen?
Are you increasing them to gain more strength and muscle?

Also off topic but do you know any good books about tooth health, remineralisation. I have to get a crown and I'm a bit worried about the type of materials they use to make them any suggestions?
Cheers mate your a great help.
 10/24/2018 01:54 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Tommo no special order usually six at a time blended with stevia and either cup of frozen blueberries, spinach juice or raw cocoa. Yes strength, muscle and health. Raw eggs raise glutathione levels. They are a low insulinogenic protein. I will also swap eggs out for beef mostly organ meats.

I'm actually lowering my bodyfat more then it already happens to be. Nothing about any type of bodyfat obsession as I'm comfortable with a higher bodyfat level but I need to take some pictures for a core training device and in order to fully appreciate the development the fat has to be completely gone from the core especially around the serattus anterior. I'm just about there.

I only have one book on dentistry and it's on mercury fillings. There are toothpastes that will remineralize your teeth. I was using one well over 15 years ago but eventually no longer needed it. So they are on the market.

The main thing is to pass on honest information and try and help people. What the online marketers do hustling hair I don't quite get. If they were honest about it that would be one thing but that is not the case. I mean these clowns were actually getting guys to sign up for hair dot tattoos. We can sit here and laugh about it but they what they are doing is pretty sad and the young guys are easy marks.

Edited: 10/24/2018 at 03:53 PM by topcat
 10/25/2018 02:03 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

I'm doing it very similar minus the stevia, however I sometimes make lemonade with stevia. Been reading a bit a about glutathione lately pretty interesting stuff. Do you ever spike your insulin purposely to gain a bit of extra size?

What's your bf at the moment? I thought I would be happy having a bf of around 10% but it seems to be dropping further by just continuing the way I'm eating.

As far as the teeth go I had an infection in a cavity recently but didn't want to go to the dentist as I know they would just give another root canal, so I tried apple cider vinegar and clove oil, worked like a treat, the infection is completely gone and the cavity seems to be filling in, it took 2 months though.

Thanks for the info mate
 10/26/2018 05:06 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Tommo.............no I don't do the insulin spike. I was back in the 90's after reading a book by Mauro DiPasquale "The Anabolic Diet" which is basically very low carbs for 5 days with an insulin spike on the weekend using high carb foods. But my preference has grown to just be low carb. I perform better especially when sprinting so I would rather feel better even if it means a little less mass. Another book from the same decade that also covers the insulin spike is "Body Opus" by Dan Duchaine

I don't measure my bodyfat but if I had to guess I would like to think it's somewhere in the high single digits.

11/12/2018 06:22 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Topcat do you know much about fasting? I'm wondering if you drink black coffee in the morning if it breaks your fast considering that coffee will release the stored glucose in your liver and would release calories.
 11/13/2018 04:55 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Sure I believe the dawn effect happens regardless of if you drink coffee or not and yes I drink black coffee and if my result is any indication then it doesn't matter. Depends on who you read or listen to. I like what Fung has written about fasting but I have several other books on the subject.

My current thinking which is my own has more to do with not fasting so much and more with macro timing. More like withholding specific macros for longer periods of time then spiking them. Just something I am experimenting with as it makes more logical sense to me.

11/14/2018 11:48 AM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

So is that dr David Fung?
What macros in particular are you taking about mate?
Cheers for everything mate just trying to get a better understanding.
 11/15/2018 12:41 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

That would be Jason Fung

The Macro would be protein and spiking it instead of consistently eating protein throughout the day which probably has more to do with marketing.

Generally I go by what achieve the best result and it's not necessarily the same as what is being marketed.

11/16/2018 06:20 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

What I like about Dr Fung is his speaking style and basically he tells you the problem with fasting and/or intermittent fasting.............no one can make money from it and that's the bottom line.

It's like the really highly skilled doctors that not only can perform an ethical hair transplant but are the same ones who can try and perform a repair working within the limited numbers There are only a handful of them and you can't really make money off of them at least the marketers can't

Yes some tried to in the past but what happened was the marketers that were making money got too big for their britches which is human nature for most. They started to think it was about them and no longer the doctors. They wanted to add to their stable and make more money and then all of a sudden they started treating the doctors like little bitches........lol..........which does have to make you laugh. Some doctors are willing to be someone's bitch because they think they might make a little more money but when you are owned chances are it's simply because you don't have the skill level that can set you apart.

No one owns Dr. Fung who just puts out truth and if he makes some money that's great but he doesn't compromise himself out of greed to the detriment of people.

Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Hey topcat

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36283 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 294 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 294 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc