hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: US FDA Approves Histogen IND for Female Hair Loss Trial
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/04/2018 02:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/04/2018 02:58 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
greets2
Regular Poster

SAN DIEGO, May 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Histogen, Inc., a regenerative medicine company focused on stimulating the body's stem cells to regenerate tissues and restore youthful function, has received approval of its Investigational New Drug (IND) application from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to study its lead product in female diffuse hair loss. The Company also received renewal of its clinical manufacturing license from the Food & Drug Branch (FDB) of the State of California this week.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-fda-approves-histogen-ind-for-female-hair-loss-trial-300642407.html
 05/04/2018 04:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Very nice thank you for posting the link.

Pilot and Phase 1/2 Clinical Trials of an HSC660 predecessor were completed in male pattern baldness outside the US, with results that produced statistically significant efficacy indicators and a clear safety profile. More recently, a physician-sponsored 10 patient study in the US showed cosmetically significant results in both men and women. In addition to seeing a 100% female responder rate in the physician-sponsored study, previous trials have shown efficacy in other difficult-to-treat populations including men over 40 years of age and temporal recession hair loss

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 05/05/2018 02:21 AM

Author Icon
greets2
Regular Poster

Found another link for you.

https://www.xconomy.com/san-diego/2018/05/04/histogen-treatment-for-female-hair-loss-cleared-for-clinical-testing/
 05/05/2018 04:44 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

WOW thanks again greets. The picture represents 19 weeks per Histogen's website.

2nd link posted by Greets

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 05/05/2018 at 05:05 AM by topcat
 05/06/2018 05:55 AM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

That picture is quite impressive, be nice if it worked that way for everyone.

It's probably going to take a combination of these newer treatments to get the kind of regrowth we'd like to see. You'd think the makers of minoxidil would have explored ways to improve the product by adding substances like anti-androgens or growth factors but they just threw it out there and are content to sit back and make whatever they can. All of these other companies will most likely do the same so we'll have figure it out on our own.
 05/06/2018 06:13 AM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

On first glance it looks impressive but there might be a bit of a comb over effect as well. I'd have to see all of their pictures from the studies in Mexico. If it really works we won't have to wait for approval in the US, we can just take a trip down to the border.
 05/06/2018 10:38 AM

Author Icon
rosariorose9
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: x
..... If it really works we won't have to wait for approval in the US, we can just take a trip down to the border.

Would be one hell of a boost to their economy!
 05/06/2018 01:38 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: rosariorose9
Would be one hell of a boost to their economy!

No doubt, the hair loss industry is over 1 billion a year. Whoever comes up with the real treatment is going to get rich.
 05/07/2018 02:19 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

On first glance it looks impressive but there might be a bit of a comb over effect as well

Agreed it does seem to take a page out of the hair transplant industry with the photo so we will have to see how things move along. But overall med/tech is moving at an ever quickening pace.

05/09/2018 03:38 AM

Author Icon
greets2
Regular Poster

Hopefully they release something new that works which will make millions of people happy.
Statistics
36224 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 279 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 280 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc