hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: This looks very promising
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/08/2018 01:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/08/2018 01:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
richhairman
Accomplished Poster

https://news.sky.com/story/side-effect-from-osteoporosis-drug-uncovers-cure-for-baldness-11364259

As it's already approved for another condition doctors could possibly prescribe it off label.
 05/08/2018 01:54 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Thanks for posting the link. Yes there does seem to be some connection between bone growth and hair growth, vitamin D etc.

Here is the link richhairman posted for those that just want to click

Link

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 05/08/2018 03:20 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

As usual, anything that might be of significant benefit for hair loss is found by accident A side-effect for a drug targeted at something else.
Hair loss research specifically looking for a cure to male pattern baldness has to date been a bit of a joke...

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 05/09/2018 02:36 AM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

This drug really Just works by activating the wnt pathway so probably not a find by accident. There's other companies developing treatments via the same route, Samumed is one such company.
 05/11/2018 11:03 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: tommo

This drug really Just works by activating the wnt pathway so probably not a find by accident. There's other companies developing treatments via the same route, Samumed is one such company.

Yeah, it WAS an accidental find :-

"Tests of a drug designed to treat brittle bone disease saw the agent promote hair growth."

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 05/11/2018 12:06 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

WAY-316606 is already available for purchase so I'm sure some will try it very soon and we'll get an idea if it has any effect.

The real issue is going to be safety since anything to do with the wnt pathway carries risks.
Statistics
36224 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 190 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 191 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc