hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: PRP and permanent shock loss
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/13/2018 07:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/13/2018 07:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I have a question about PRP and permanent shock loss. I have spoken to at least 2 people that regretted having it done because after one year the hair lost didn't come back.

I can see the logic in weak hairs simply be traumatized to the point where they simply can't make it back but would there be any other reason for them not to come back. Is it possible that the needling is damaging the follicle itself? Has anyone experienced that with one of those needle rollers or are the needles simply too short?

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 05/13/2018 at 10:00 AM by topcat
 05/14/2018 03:11 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

I can recall a couple of guys saying they had permanent shock loss from prp, I think they were from another forum. Only my personal opinion but I think it must depend on the health of cell, also the genetic factors and the skill of the doctor.
I highly doubt the needle has much to do with it, they're not injecting you thousands of times however it would be deep enough to cause some damage but extremely minimal.
I guess you could contact some clinics and ask, wouldn't hurt but they probably wouldn't give truthful answers either.

The needles in the dermal rollers are definitely too short. The depth everyone is doing is around .5mm to 1.5mm , I haven't heard of anyone having permanent loss from that.
 05/14/2018 04:22 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Actually I was down in Clearwater, Fl almost 10 years ago after I made an appointment. When I heard the loud blaring radio commercials in the car rental on the way to the hotel every 15 minutes I started to get a knot in my stomach. Later that evening I let my wife know it was a red flag. She kind of laughed and I laughed too. I canceled the appointment and we made it a very nice 3 day vacation of it. Clearwater Beach was beautiful. In the last decade the results I have seen are zero.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 05/14/2018 at 05:32 PM by topcat
 05/15/2018 01:39 AM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

I never seen any good results on forums, only from the places that advertise. Some people do claim slowing down of loss.
I'm sure it would have been a good holiday with that extra cash in your pocket, beets throwing it down the drain.
 06/28/2018 08:58 PM

Author Icon
SeanFUE
Regular Poster

Permanent shockloss can happen with these test treatments. No one knows the long term effects.

Hell even with regular surgery done with an improper surgical protocol can result in permanent shockloss and wastage of priceless grafts. This industry and surgical procedure + theories really need to be regulated. Too many lives can ruin. I talk to a lot of folks and there is a good amount not happy at all and going back for repairs. It really can screw up someone's life. Some folks really wish they can turn back time.
Statistics
36259 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 206 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 206 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc