hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Turkish Math
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/13/2018 12:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/13/2018 12:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Turkish Math

Someone please explain the new Turkish math we see in the hair transplant industry. It's seems so many young boys have donor capacities of 8,000 - 10,000 grafts. Yet if we look at the last 50 years of hair transplantation those numbers do not exist and if they do they are rare, so what gives?

Will these young boys have bald donor areas in a few years? Are these online publishers taking measures to correct this information because their past actions indicate they own it?

Did this patient in Dr. Arvinds thread simply go to the wrong clinic where they were using the old math? Should he go to one of the clinics that use the new math? Surely he must have another 5,000 grafts available.

Who did this thread?

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 01:19 PM by topcat
 08/21/2018 11:05 PM

Author Icon
SeanFUE
Regular Poster

5000 grafts available? I doubt it based on the lack of density throughout in that pic. I do not understand some of these docs and clinics. And again, it is not just limited to Turkey. You got docs in US and Canada that throw these large graft donor availability numbers, but when you look at the donor, where do you see those numbers? Where is the ethics behind that? It is becomes opinion and misinformation that is screws up the patient. The patient clearly is not fully informed when docs guesstimate these numbers. Unless some docs are using body hair, beard hair, pube hair, ass hair, I do not understand how they come up with these extremely high graft counts.

Donors grafts are limited and PRICELESS. It is sad how some docs can risk their patients scalps in order to try to maximize profit and sacrifice a patients donor availability.

If this guy gets any more hairs extracted, he might as well shave his head because that see through look will have many folks staring. I know the pain of a thin see through look. It's not a good feeling at all. Top, the math doesn't add up.

All these high density hairline claims also wreak of bullshit. Marketing fraud and medical malpractice and fraud at its finest.

Risking someones head for experimental test bunny type shit is as unethical as it can get. Beyond unethical, it is basically committing murder when that patient suffers for what you did on that patients scalp that led that patient on a destructive god damn path.
 08/22/2018 01:57 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Sean I am being facetious of course he doesn't have 5000 grafts available he has zero grafts available from his head donor area.

The point being is if you have used 5000 grafts up already you have more than likely used up all of your available head donor LONG TERM you just don't know it if you are early in the hair loss process. If you keep pulling grafts now you will end up worse off than the guy in the picture.

So when you see these posters like Jeandd telling young guys to go for it more then likely he is up to something. It is certainly not normal for a 22 year old boy to constantly advising others on a message forum about how they should approach their surgery with his 30+ years of historical knowledge. Then when one of the boys bites and complains at the 6 month mark the attacks start. The young boys don't understand what they have gotten themselves into.

Sean if you don't want to end up like the guy in the picture you should probably not consider any more surgery until several years have passed. It's just the reality and you were not fully informed. Marketers are in this for money and they will change the doctors they work with like they change their underwear if that is where they are going to get paid. Lower skilled doctors need marketers to talk them up.

Much of what you are reading oniline is simply generated by marketers using dozens of fake screen names. Not trying to make you feel bad but it's better to have the truth.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 08/22/2018 at 05:43 AM by topcat
 09/04/2018 02:52 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

These guys that go to Turkey that get they frontal zone hammered with all their donor are f***ed even worse then the young guys in recent past who are still licking their wounds. These new suckers have to deal with temple points where the hair doesn't match unless it's long enough to disguise. Then when the rest of their hair recedes how do you hide the gap at the temple points. There are going to look like clowns.

When someone tells you that you have to wait 18-24 months to see your full result they are hoping you go away. Why would someone tell a patient this to begin with? How did the time lines and donor numbers all of a sudden change. Now everyone has 10,000 grafts available but you have to wait 2 years to see your result. Liars and marketing fraud.

Who is this poster Jeandd 22 year old boy wonder on some of the other forums? Has anyone here met this person? Wake up guys most especially young desperate guys. There is no walking away from this once you sign up to have thousands of pieces of skin cut out and moved around.

Understand what is possible long term before you fall into a trap.

Edited: 09/05/2018 at 12:01 PM by topcat
 09/05/2018 09:26 PM

Author Icon
SeanFUE
Regular Poster

Tc, I hear ya with that while Turkish thing. Some of these Turkish well known clinics give high numbers of grafts for zones some other docs would use less grafts. These grafts are also done by technicians. Now we even have some organizations that will allow tech extractions via fue where they see it as being legal. I have no idea what the industry is coming to. Techs come and go and rotate and are no going to be techs all their lives. There is a reason why in North America tech extraction is illegal as extraction is considered surgery.

Why would someone pay for a doc and their name when a tech is doing a critical aspect of surgery which is extraction. The whole idea to bypass this notion was the use of ARTAS where a machine would extract when a tech is monitoring them when a doctor has multiple patients to deal with. I mean why else would a doc fork over so muh money on a robot that only deals with certain color hairs and has a per graft royalty fee, it is to maximize surgery with the notion of flawless extraction. But is a machine really flawless when there are updates and changes based on fda filings? I just do not understand.

But these 18 to 24 month timeframes really blow my mind. What study dictates that timeline?

So, here it is folks, I also spoke with some docs regarding new growth and some say 12 months you should see your potential growth conclusion with maturing only afterwards. Some docs even claim 7-9 months it concludes with only maturation after. It looks like some people claim they saw a continuation of growth of newly transplanted hairs up to the two year or 24 month mark.  That is they saw "distinct" growth to make a "distinct" change on the scalp. I don't think that's the result of the transplant still sprouting new hairs for such a long time.  Here is why and I am going to summarize what I learned from researching below and explain why I feel this way about going beyond the 12 month to 18 -24 month or longer for "growth":

You got three stages of hair cycles: Anagen, Catagen, Telogen.

Anagen phase lasts around 2-8 years (depending on individual genetics) and is the growth phase.  This is where your hair keeps growing.  Around 85%-90% of the hairs on a persons head are already in this phase at a given time.

Catagen (also known as regressing phase) is a transition phase after the Anagen and lasts around 2-3 weeks. The hair cuts off from blood supply when the papilla (basically the tissue enclosed in the bulb at the bottom of the hair shaft) detaches and rests.  That's when the hair shrinks 1/6 of it's length.  Around 1%-2% of hairs are already in this phase at a given time.

Telogen phase can last 1-4 months and is known as the shedding phase.  This is that long resting phase where hair doesn't grow even when the papilla is attached to the hair follicle.  Around 10-15% of hairs are in this phase at a given time.

On average, human hair grows 0.5 inches per month which means 6 inches per year.

So, hair from the growth phase is extracted from the donor area.

Then, I believe we are pretty much in Catagen phase right after the doctor has planted the grafts into recipient area, hence, the cut from blood supply. 

Then we go through the shedding phase aka Telogen, and it lasts 1-4 months.  This the long resting phase where we see shedding and no growth from a transplant initially.   

Then we hit the Anagen or growth phase of our transplants.  The grafts start to push out slowly as they are new and softer, they start thickening and some sprout a little later since the hair has to cut through the scalp again for the first time to pass through your skin where it was planted. 

The result of medications such as propecia/rogaine also speed up your growth cycles by inhibiting DHT and reviving circulation/blood supply and forcing the graft into the growth phase (ANAGEN).

Remember this and KEEP this in mind - When the hairs start growing, it grows 6 inches a year, so the hairs should poke definitely before the 12 months as per the logic.  So, this is why 1 year should be more than sufficient to see conclusion of new growth.  Anything else, just maturation and thickening of existing hairs.  Sometimes you have to utilize logic and use the 1+1=2 mindset.

Obviously, an outlier to poor growth could be disease, infection, too much scar tissue, or lack of blood supply due to another health concern. Could also be vitamin deficiency or Thyroid issues. Even certain medications or antidepressants can throw the cycles off. These would be your outliers that may hinder growth progress.

FYI- my explanation attempt/effort to write this out hopefully helps see the logic behind common growth timelines.

Now ive seem some pretty low density results with higher graft counts from some turkish clinics across various forums. The best policy is honesty. To say what it is and how it is and not to sugarcoat a patients emotions long term. Some Folks should just some ptienta the truth and let them know by 12 months, it is unlikely youll see robust growth vs to wait those damn 18-24 months.
 09/07/2018 06:02 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

We have at least 40 years of results based on 12 months

We have decades of results showing the number limitations on donor availability.

We have decades of crap results by doctors with years or experience.

We have the majority of balding ht doctors passing on the procedure.

We have the majority of the minority of doctors who did decide to take the plunge and have a procedure end up with a crap result in my opinion.

We are now suppose to believe that the donor availability has doubled while the time to assess the result has doubled. We are also suppose to believe that some McDonalds type of operation where the kids go through a training process is a good option for a surgical procedure.

It's marketing fraud. Patients can sue for marketing fraud plain and simple.

Most patients that post are limited in what they can say so readers need to understand what is going on. They are saying to themselves that they are completely f***ed. That this industry f***ed up their life and they still on preying on other young boys that are desperate while lacking all the information. So they feel they need to self censor and be nice or no one will help me.

Those patients are not f***ed. They learned a valuable life lesson and they can help others by being truthful. Eventually the technology will come around to help them along. But to expect the same den of vipers to help you as long as you don't offend them is foolish. Honest people do not fear the truth it's the liars that stay away from it.

09/07/2018 06:06 AM

Author Icon
parsh
Prolific Poster

What would you say is a hard limit for lifetime grafts, 8000?

And how to maximize your lifetime donor supply, strip out then FUE? Or FUE out then strip?
 09/07/2018 03:44 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

The average person experiencing hairloss will lose 20,000 fu out of a total of 40,000 fu leaving a balance of 20,000 fu. Those 20,000 fu left are also susceptible to DHT very long term so that area will also thin out along with any hair transplanted from the donor zone. The percentage will be small but none the less it will thin for most.

If you are left with say 16,000 fu can you take 8,000fu?

Can you walk around with 50% or less density in that zone and be able to style it?

If you have a strip can you even hide the scar at that point?

Why do so many guys decades later look for solutions for hiding a scar?

Can you style low density hair when it's long without it looking like complete shit?

A safe number is probably around 5,000 fu and for some even that number is not safe. We know that because high norwoods get turned away or they can manage maybe 2000-3000 grafts. While most doctors know better and just stay away from the procedure when it comes to themselves.

These young guys doing the temple points and dense frontal areas are screwed long term if something new doesn't come out. To perform surgery using numbers that don't work long term without advising the patient of the reality is marketing fraud. Turksih reps have spilled their guts online. Patients have complained about their crap results. When information is manipulated it becomes marketing fraud plain and simple and all these guys that have been damaged need to understand this so they know where to look when seeking resolution. How did you come to believe something that was not true? Who was your trusted source?

Observe hair loss in older guys as you walk around. Now take a percentage of that hair and try to work it out in your mind. Guess what? It doesn't work so well.

5000 FUE Good idea or bad idea long term?

Edited: 09/10/2018 at 12:41 PM by topcat
 09/13/2018 05:17 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

When you see these 8,000+ graft procedures every so often understand that there are a very few outliers out there and in all probability you are not one of them. So then what is the purpose of promoting the numbers of an outlier? It serves as an enticement and that tells you it's a red flag. It's a piece of candy a marketer is offering you. Understand the math and understand the red flags so you know what to avoid. Many of those large procedures produce devastation years later and that's the part they leave out.

When the numbers are questioned and you receive vitriolic attacks by posters out there like Jeandd that too is a red flag. It's telling you something. It's someone exposing their hand.

The greatest threat to the marketers is for young guys to know the truth.

Edited: 09/13/2018 at 07:49 AM by topcat
 09/19/2018 01:07 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

If you are in your early 20's and a doctor tells you that you have 8,000-10,000 fu available from your donor for a hair transplant he is telling you a lie. In fact if you are losing hair that young you more than likely have even less donor available long term then the average person which is closer to 5,000 grafts.

If you start in your early 20's believing this number you are screwed long term as the long term planning will have been very poor.

Most doctors cannot achieve more than 50% density regardless of the available donor. If you have been told you can achieve a dense hairline you have been a victim of marketing fraud if that belief was based on trying to match or come very close to the original density. If your belief was that 50% density is very dense when compared to 25% density than you got what you paid for.

If you can pull in a very young guy you can show an excellent result because the donor limitation is not yet visible. The younger you can pull them in the better the result short term. This in turn pulls in other young guys that are wowed by this type of result. They do not understand it will not hold up long term.

These doctors are playing on a weakness in the brain just like any other marketer. When a young man is feeling some stress from lost hair it is simply cortilsol pulsating through his body creating a threat. Yes if comments are made that threat is enhanced. What you want to do is slow down, wait, and minimize the threat by reducing the cortisol which in turn creates the cycle of thoughts.

There are many ways to do this so start looking into it. If your mind is occupied with bigger more immediate threats then those threats caused by hairloss are reduced. Get into a gym, take some ju juitsu or other martial art. Get busy with other interests that will improve your status in other ways and address the hairloss later when you can make a better decision based on long term planning.

Why are the online experts silent when it comes to these false numbers being put out there. Because they are not experts they are marketers and they don't want to spoil the game.

These guys are hustling hair that is their mindset. When someone is hustling hair that in essence means they need a sucker. If you fall for the horseshit coming out of their mouth you are the sucker.

Slow down and just watch these guys work. If you are a victim of marketing fraud that is where you lawsuit is going to be found. Remember this and start gathering the data that led you to this belief so that you have it when the time comes.

Edited: 09/19/2018 at 01:33 AM by topcat
 09/22/2018 05:38 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Yes there are doctors that will tell you that you have big numbers available most especially very young guys. We all know that most young guys just want to hear what they are hoping for as this will ease the cortisol pulsating through their body. When they hear the large numbers available a sense of ease overcomes the stress they were feeling. Unfortunately for them the long term stress they will end up with will be much worse.

Yes if a doctor is making lots of money offering young guys false hope somehow they will work it out in their mind that it's okay because if they don't take the money some other doctor will. These are the type of doctors you want to take notice of and stay far away from because it's telling you something about their character.

If you pay them they might even take 20,000 fu who knows. Careful who you listen to for advice. The procedure is limited. For most 50% density max over 50% of your balding scalp. All hair transplants are see through but you would need to see them in person in order to understand this fact. This does not mean one can't achieve a nice result. It just means that the density most young guys are seeking is simply not surgically possible.

09/26/2018 04:21 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

The poster Jeandd is a good example of very poor math. At 22 using 5,000 grafts is very poor planning long term so what's his deal? He repeats hair transplant history for the last 30 years bringing up names many are not even familiar with today. It seems so odd to me that a 22 year old would spend this much time trying to convince other young boys to go for it.

So what exactly is going on here?

It's also possible that sometimes when someone makes an error in judgment that they would like others to join them as it gives them some comfort knowing they are not alone. It's quite possible that some posters are just looking for support and pulling others in is a way to feel better. Very selfish of course but I suppose some simply do not care.

Understand the math. Math does not lie. All the bald hair transplant doctors don't lie. The numbers are the numbers and the numbers will tell you what is possible and starting at 22 with high numbers spells disaster. Designing a hairline that is youthful and artistic is fine too but not if the numbers do not work long term.

Careful what you read online many come off as good guys but they are simply scammers. Bill Cosby was a scammer yes hard to believe but it's just the way things work. Too many scum bags in the world and marketers top the list.

This excerpt is from "Your Happy Brain Chemicals" don't fall into the trap of people drawing you into something simply because they seem like nice people on the surface.

Does Wayne Rooney have another 5,000 grafts available in an addition to the 5,000-6,000 he has already used? No but he still looks okay because he started late enough to have the hairline placed high enough to look normal. Imagine a lower hairline and temple points and he begins to look ridiculous. Don't fall into the trap.

Edited: 09/26/2018 at 05:03 AM by topcat
 10/04/2018 05:46 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

As we watch more devastation coming out of Turkey with some of the online results what you want to keep an eye on is who is doing the damage control? This includes posters.

The ht coming out of Turkey are really starting to get scary looking.

Understand not only is this procedure very limited as far as the numbers go but when it comes to the hairline one must be able to harvest the very thin translucent hairs from the back of the head that are found on the perimeter of the donor area. Not only is this very time consuming but it takes the skill level of a master of which there are only a few out there.

If you think you can have some young person that was trained like the kid working the fryer at McDonalds then you are clueless. Take a good look at the crap that is being posted online. Those guys are now disfigured and there is no way to go back to normal ever again.

Marketers are the a-holes of this industry. Find a doctor that produces a result and does not associate with these scumbags. And understand this is a very limited procedure. It's see through hair so stop believing anything else because it's not true. See it in person.

Edited: 10/05/2018 at 05:20 AM by topcat
 10/17/2018 11:58 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Understand not only is this procedure very limited as far as the numbers go but when it comes to the hairline one must be able to harvest the very thin translucent hairs from the back of the head that are found on the perimeter of the donor area. Not only is this very time consuming but it takes the skill level of a master of which there are only a few out there.

A very recent comment from a patient was that his hairline hairs appear to be like black toothpicks coming out of his head.

As has been repeated dozens of times this procedure requires very thin caliber hairs from the periphery of the donor area that are often lighter in color. Only a handful of doctors have their skill and the work speaks for itself. Online marketers are full of crap and what they sell is crap. If you think you can go anywhere your risk of looking like a FREAK is real and it's not reversible. For many they will feel as though their life is over and the marketers will keep trying to pull in their next victim.

Much of what you see online is marketing fraud. Stay away from the procedure unless you are older and are not driven by emotion. Many think that it can be repaired when in most cases it cannot. It can be improved but it can't go back to normal. The patient that made the comment above now understands what it means to have people staring at his head and that's not going away.

Edited: 10/17/2018 at 12:14 PM by topcat
 10/23/2018 06:17 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

If you follow some of what is being put out there online over the years then you will know that when a patient begins to realize the procedure was not what he expected and continues to post they start to bring in more screen names. You will always find one of those screen names suggesting the patient see a therapist. It's a way of creating guilt and transferring the guilt from the scammers to the patient. You will see it over and over again. Paleocapa who also went to Turkey would be a good example.

Most of these guys working the online scene are scammers involved in marketing fraud and when doctors participate they become part of it. When forums manipulate content they become publishers of content and assume the liability. Understand your legal rights and take notes when using information posted online.

These scammers hop from doctor to doctor as they go wherever they can make some money.

If you look at the posters out there pumping the big numbers like Jeandd and then you see the same posters doing damage control you need to pause and review the complete history of that poster. Go through each and every post on each and every forum. Then you look for keys words that are not ordinary and see if you can match them to posts made by other ht marketers from the past. Then you consider the age and background of the poster or at least what they are putting out there. Very often you will start to pick up on a smell and that smell is someone that may very well be scamming you.

What? Did you really think you could simply believe the crap that is posted to most forums.

Edited: 10/23/2018 at 02:15 PM by topcat
 10/24/2018 01:04 AM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Keep up the good post topcat!
It's actually a bit of an art to detect these people, it's taken me years and I still don't always get it right. It sucks that younger listen and get sucked in to all this crap they read.
 10/26/2018 05:10 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

All it takes is for a few guys to start posting about their crap result and it begins to become a tsunami as we are now starting to see happen online. Most are hesitant because they don't know what to do. They are asking themselves how do I fix this shit and if I offend anyone will that prevent me from finding a solution. The reality is that it can't really be fixed it's cosmetic surgery. Pieces of skin were cut out of your head and moved around. It might sound very simple but it's not, it simply can't be reversed. Maybe improved but these guys will now live the rest of their life more then likely feeling an intense sense of regret.

But they now understand how the sausage is made and your friendly marketer and online moderator needs to keep the sausage grinder going so they will do what is necessary to keep everyone eating the sausage they are serving.

These guys are scammers. I have given the numbers as I know them from over 33 years of experience and watching this all. The high numbers these guys most especially from Turkey are quoting as available donor are a complete lie but it's only long term when it's revealed. What it tells you is these clinics don't really care what happens to you long term nor do these so called online advocates.

Become informed on your options and how a class action can apply to you.

Edited: 10/26/2018 at 12:18 PM by topcat
 11/01/2018 02:12 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

For those that follow not only this forum but everything that is out there online involving this industry. Why does the 22 year old poster Jeandd who quotes 30 years of hair transplant surgical history seem to be working the online forums so hard? Why does he seem to be so concerned with damage control? Why does he attack anyone who he seems to be a threat to his narrative? What is going on here?

When researching this an aspect most simply do not consider because they are simply unaware. Who is saying what and what exactly is the motive behind what they have to say?

11/01/2018 06:32 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Never heard of the guy before, from what forums?
 11/02/2018 12:27 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

tommo doesn't matter what, where, or who so much. What matters is raising awareness so those who have not proceeded with a procedure can take the time to observe for longer periods of time while those who feel their life has been turned upside down can start to ask themselves "am I a victim of marketing fraud ?"

Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Turkish Math

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36283 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 341 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 341 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc