hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Aggressive mpb 4 year results update
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/27/2018 10:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/27/2018 10:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ticktock
Regular Poster

Hi everyone

Just wanted to post an update on my hair since ive been treating it for nearly 4 years now.

I started to notice thinning since i was 16 (probably started even sooner) and had a very noticable bald spot by 18 . I'm a diffuse thinner in a nw7 pattern and my hairloss is identical to my dads who was nw7 around my age, so I know for a fact thats where i would be today without treatments. Only good thing is my hairline is nw1.5 due to my pattern being diffuse. I began treatments when I was 19 and I'm 23.5 years old now.

Treatments for my first year were.
Dut
RU
minox
keto
tricommin

And for the last couple of years I've been maintaining on dut,minox,keto shampoo. I believe I've had good results and hope to keep my hair for many decades (fingers crossed)

Just posting to give some hope if I can to any young guys that they can do something about it. If i started sooner id have alot more hair (my biggest regret)

Below ive attached my 2 baseline and 1 now pics. I still have slight thinning on the crown because even treatments have its limits but am way above baseline.

IMGP2625.JPG
IMGP2625.JPG  (2317 KB)
IMGP2633.JPG
IMGP2633.JPG  (2041 KB)
IMGP3135.JPG
IMGP3135.JPG  (2257 KB)

08/28/2018 06:05 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Congrats that is a nice result.............good for you.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 08/28/2018 03:08 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

I've seen a result like that before from Dutasteride - I don't think such results are common but they do happen. I still wouldn't take Dutasteride because of the side-effects risk but that's just me. I doubt the results will last forever but I'm sure they'll last a while and you have every right to be happy

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 08/28/2018 06:36 PM

Author Icon
ticktock
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: Skywalker

I've seen a result like that before from Dutasteride - I don't think such results are common but they do happen. I still wouldn't take Dutasteride because of the side-effects risk but that's just me. I doubt the results will last forever but I'm sure they'll last a while and you have every right to be happy

I haven't had any side effects from dut. I don't see why the results wont last. Under what mechanism do you think they wont?
 08/29/2018 04:09 PM

Author Icon
taco
Prolific Poster

Wow
Great results
 09/02/2018 09:32 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ticktock
I haven't had any side effects from dut. I don't see why the results wont last. Under what mechanism do you think they wont?

Side effects take time, they can also be incremental - there have been a number of guys on these boards who have vociferously disputed that they have side effects - only to come back and say having come off the drug (deliberately or due to circumstances beyond their control) they found that they hadn't realised how much they had been affected. On the other hand there are a lot of guys like you who claim no effects ever, people are emotionally invested in both scenarios so trying to evaluate potentially subtle differences is very difficult to do.

As for the results slowly going back to the baseline you started with, that's what a number of experienced users have found - but it may not happen to you, who knows ?

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 09/11/2018 01:47 PM

Author Icon
Bad
Occasional Poster

Do you mix Ru and minox?

Minox 1x per day since 04/2013(stopped)

Fin since 10/2014
Mino 2x per day since 11/2014
Statistics
36283 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 304 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 304 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc