hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: viviscal studies seem a bit fishy :P
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2005 09:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2005 09:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Nicholas
Accomplished Poster

These studies seem to be legit, but something feels wrong. Two of them on viviscal.com claims viviscal to be great against mpb, while the third one practically say´s "I doesn´t do jack for hair loss". None of the conducted examinations were double blind I guess. What do you guys think? Could this be another "sugar pill"?
 01/10/2005 09:24 AM

Author Icon
redfox
Accomplished Poster

I think Viviscal is a lot like the LaserComb. At first impression, it seems like total BS, but in reality there may be something to it. The Dateline NBC segment "The Follicle Five" was pretty supportive of both these products- the LaserComb actually thickened up hair, and Viviscal, while producing no regrowth, helped reduce hair fallout. Also, forum member AussieGirl has seen results with Viviscal (less hair fallout).

I'm not advocating either product, but I would definetly be interested in seeing results of an FDA trial of either.

Viviscal is unfortunetly pretty expensive. At the recommended dosage (2 pills a day), it would cost you $50-60 a month. For that price, I'd rather take Propecia, an FDA proven drug for hair loss. For even less than $50 a month you can be on proscar AND minoxidil.

It kills itself with its own price, ironically just like the LaserComb does

Edited: 01/10/2005 at 09:25 AM by redfox
 01/10/2005 10:05 AM

Author Icon
hair_tomorrow
Accomplished Poster

well there's at least one poster on this forum who attributes her hair regrowth in large part to viviscal.  If it weren't so durn expensive - I'd give it a whirl.

Speaking of fishy business though . . .

I found this advertisement in my e-mail this morning from an on-line vitamin outlet . . .

FISH OIL CAPSULES

If you don't eat fish regularly, taking fish oil capsules in the winter may help protect you against a cold, says Ray Sahelian, M.D., the author of The Common Cold Cure. Both laboratory and clinical studies have suggested that fish oil capsules boost the immune system. In a 1995 Patras University study published in Cancer Detection and Prevention, cancer patients who took 18 grams of fish oil daily for 40 days had a significant drop in a type of cell that works to suppress the immune system. Learn more here

-------------------------
hair_tomorrow@usa.com ~ NW5A ~ Dut: 2x weekly; Proscar: 1 mg 4x weekly ~ Minomuck ~ SuperZix II ~ Copper Peptides ~ Shampoos: rotate Dr. Lee's Regrowth, "Thicker Fuller Hair" w/ caffeine, Biotin w/ TTO ~ Emu & Essential Oils ~ Varied OTC Supplements

Edited: 01/10/2005 at 10:19 AM by hair_tomorrow
 01/10/2005 11:24 AM

Author Icon
Peter Mac
Accomplished Poster

fish oil should definitely be in your diet but don't expect it to stop hair loss.
viviscal ranks at the bottom of my list of products to try along with Fabao 101 D and the Helsinki formula. in other words I would try almost anything before viviscal.
The laser comb has been under heavy attack on the forums, but there is legitimate science behind it. there is no legitimate science behind viviscal.
Statistics
31513 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 666 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 669 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc