hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: dualgen-15?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/16/2011 01:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/16/2011 01:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JPJPJPJP
Occasional Poster

I use spectral dnc-L and like it alot. I was researching products just to see whats out there and found this "dualgen-15" its 15% minox and 5% azelaic acid. anyone ever use or here of this stuff? I'm thinking about adding this to my regimine in the morning in place of dnc-l.
 06/16/2011 03:01 PM

Author Icon
LondonSouthAfrican
Occasional Poster

Yeah I used it and it was good but maybe too strong. Made me over-vasodilate on the side of the head (cleared up after 3 weeks). Kinda like annoying mild migraines. So watch out for that. It's not expensive though. So don't over use. I use a 12.5% minox + AA from an expensive London clinic, but no headaches.

All the best. Minox + AA defo reduces scalp dht and slows loss.

-------------------------
Currently using:

Alpecin shampoo every 2 days
Alpecin Shampoo liquid twice day
Replicated Hairmass nutrition + Biotin
Allergy to Minoxidil

06/16/2011 03:23 PM

Author Icon
lou2316
Accomplished Poster

I've just started using it as a replacement for Xandrox 15. I don't like it as well as the Xandrox, but so far, after a few initial shed days (always alarming), it seems to be a pretty good replacement.
 06/16/2011 05:33 PM

Author Icon
JPJPJPJP
Occasional Poster

whats the name of the product youre using?
 06/16/2011 05:34 PM

Author Icon
JPJPJPJP
Occasional Poster

any side effects? i respond really good to topicals.
 10/05/2011 02:11 PM

Author Icon
steelman

Guys, just want to share the side effects I had with dualgen-15. I am 28, hair loss NWII, never used any minoxidil products before. I had been using Propecia before I started DualGen-15. I know the vendor recommends use a lower strength minoxidil solution first as I may not need 15% minoxidil at all. I went straight with the highest concentration, because I really don't want to spend several months with a lower dose and only find it not work for me. I would rather start with a high dose. If it does not work, I will just give up minoxidil. If 15% works, I can step back gradually to find out my minimum minoxidil requirement.

I used Dualgen-15 only in the evening and no topical minoxidil at all in the morning when I started. I did this routine for one week. No shedding, no rash, no heart palpitations, no nothing. I thought, heck, why not try two times a day. A few days went by, still nothing. However, right around one week mark after I began with the twice daily routine, I started to feel lightheaded, dizzy, and easy to get tired. I stopped the minoxidil immediately and completely. Thankfully, everything went back to normal after one week. I have been using Dualgen-15% once a day since then. Now it's been 3 weeks and never had any issue. Knock on wood. I will report back if something weird happens again.

Propeica, 15% Minoxidil
 10/05/2011 02:19 PM

Author Icon
tanner10
Occasional Poster

There are reasons why Dr. Lee never recommended his patients use 15% minoxidil twice a day. He recommended use 5% minoxidil in the morning and 15% in the evening. Remember minoxidil is an antihypertensive drug. Overdose will for sure cause the side effect you have experienced.
 10/05/2011 02:28 PM

Author Icon
steelman

Originally posted by: tanner10

There are reasons why Dr. Lee never recommended his patients use 15% minoxidil twice a day. He recommended use 5% minoxidil in the morning and 15% in the evening. Remember minoxidil is an antihypertensive drug. Overdose will for sure cause the side effect you have experienced.

But Dr. Lee also said "Minoxidil has to have a serum concentration of 20 ng/mL to have any hemodynamic or other systemic effect in the human body. Allowing for 1.7% absorption of minoxidil from topical application, a 2% minoxidil solution will result in 0.6 ng/ mL and a 5% minoxidil solution will result in 1.2 ng / mL of minoxidil in the serum. So, there is more than a 16-fold safety margin from the use of 5% topical minoxidil and a 5-fold safety margin with the use of a 15% topical minoxidil solution." This is part of the reason why I tried it twice a day.

Propeica, 15% Minoxidil
 10/05/2011 03:16 PM

Author Icon
wildriff
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: lou2316

I've just started using it as a replacement for Xandrox 15. I don't like it as well as the Xandrox, but so far, after a few initial shed days (always alarming), it seems to be a pretty good replacement.

Hey Lou - why did you switch from Xandrox? Just curious.
 10/05/2011 07:23 PM

Author Icon
lou2316
Accomplished Poster

Hi - I'm now back with Xandrox (non finesteride formula). I switched for a few months when Dr. Lee initially shut down his operation.
 10/05/2011 07:45 PM

Author Icon
tanner10
Occasional Poster

Why not the finasteride version?
 10/05/2011 09:09 PM

Author Icon
tanner10
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: steelman

But Dr. Lee also said "Minoxidil has to have a serum concentration of 20 ng/mL to have any hemodynamic or other systemic effect in the human body. Allowing for 1.7% absorption of minoxidil from topical application, a 2% minoxidil solution will result in 0.6 ng/ mL and a 5% minoxidil solution will result in 1.2 ng / mL of minoxidil in the serum. So, there is more than a 16-fold safety margin from the use of 5% topical minoxidil and a 5-fold safety margin with the use of a 15% topical minoxidil solution." This is part of the reason why I tried it twice a day.

Not to question your quotation, but where did you find it? I couldn't find anywhere Dr lee said so.
 10/06/2011 06:45 AM

Author Icon
steelman

Originally posted by: steelman

Not to question your quotation, but where did you find it? I couldn't find anywhere Dr lee said so.

Hi Mate, I guess you just need to improve your searching skills.

I actually also found the original study done by Upjohn company published in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 1996, page 166, which showed that the serum minoxidil concentration had to be higher than 20 ng/mL to affect heart rate. I guess this is where Dr. Lee's information came from. It is a very brief report. Here is all the info.

Percutaneous minoxidil absorption following topical dosing of 2% minoxidil solution (20 mg/mL) for the treatment of androgenetie alopecia averages 1.4% of the applied dose, resulting in serum minoxidil concentrations averaging less than 2 ng/mL. Twelve-hour steady-state intravenous infusions of minoxidii were administered to 41 untreated mild/moderate hypertensives (supine DBP <109 mmHG) to mimic the characteristically flat concentration profile seen after topical dosing and establish a concentration-hemodynamic response relationship. Treatments were administered using a placebo-controlled, double-blind, balanced incomplete block design. Mean steady-state serum minoxidil concentrations ranging from 4.5 to 83.0 ng/mL were achieved. No significant changes in systolic BP were found. Significant treatment-related effects were found in diastolic BP, but the effects were small (maximum mean change less than 6 mmHg) and highly variable. A highly significant relationship was found between increase in heart rate (a compensatory effect) and serum minoxidil concentration (p<.01, r=0.48). Significant increases in heart rate (>5 BPM) were found for serum concentrations exceeding 20 ng/mL.

Propeica, 15% Minoxidil
 10/06/2011 01:40 PM

Author Icon
tanner10
Occasional Poster

Thanks for the info. It is reassuring to see the information published in scientific journals.

Edited: 10/17/2011 at 11:34 AM by tanner10
 10/06/2011 02:03 PM

Author Icon
steelman

On another thought though, since topical 5% minoxidil was approved by FDA for non-prescription use, I doubt 15% will have any serious issue, otherwise there will be a lot of overdose cases even with 5% minoxidil.

Update: I have been using Dualgen-15 in the evening once a day for about 1.5 months so far. Still no issue.

Propeica, 15% Minoxidil

Edited: 11/04/2011 at 10:23 AM by steelman
 01/19/2012 05:27 PM

Author Icon
Dhax
Occasional Poster

Anyone know if Dulagen is still in business?
 03/20/2012 01:47 PM

Author Icon
tanner10
Occasional Poster

Placed an order from them on March 10th and received the order today. It takes about 10 days to deliver from US to my country, just as what they have done before. I am glad they are still in business.
 04/28/2013 08:24 AM

Author Icon
riloal
Regular Poster

tanner10, could you give us opinions about dualgen 15? are you still with it? thanks
Statistics
32061 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 669 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 675 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc