hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: is Minoxidil "Sulfate" really 14x stronger than regular minoxidil?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/28/2015 06:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/06/2016 04:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MaryKay
Occasional Poster

I was looking around for other water-based minoxidil sulfate topicals & I found an interesting study about how a water-based minoxidil topical has a better bioavailability than a pg based minoxidil solution (they used Rogaine).

It claims that:

"The dorsal skins of rat were treated with various water-soluble minoxidil compositions or 5% Rogaine for 1 hour. The intact or decutinized skins were cut, and homogenized. The permeated minoxidil was extracted and analyzed by HPLC. The results indicated the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition achieved the same penetrating ability as that of 5% Rogaine."

I found the study/abstract it here: https://www.google.com/patents/US20110112125

I'm not to sure how reliable the study is, I just found it to be interesting since I'm also using a water based minoxidil topical, albeit a different form of minoxidil water based topical.

Could water be a far more superior carrier of minoxidil than PG?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.
 11/21/2016 11:48 AM

Author Icon
SideShowBob
Accomplished Poster

Where are you buying your minoxidil sulfate? How much?

Are you in the USA?

Thanks
 01/01/2017 11:49 AM

Author Icon
MaryKay
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: SideShowBob

Where are you buying your minoxidil sulfate? How much?

Are you in the USA?

Thanks

Hi SideShowBob,

I don't think this site would allow sources to be given out.

Maybe, if you PM me I can tell you (I just got to make sure that is allowed also).

But, I got it from a popular online auction site.

It has done wonders for my hair growth. It might be in my head, but I believe that the new hairs I'm getting are much thicker than my usual hair thickness.

I also read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because they lack a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

I can't speak for anyone else, but Minox Sulfate has been a God send for me.

I can even see new hairs that are growing well below my normal hairline (about an inch to an inch & a half). So much so, that sometimes I have to pluck them because they are growing too low below my hairline.

But, that could also be because sometimes I'm in a rush and do not properly wash and Minox Sulfate that drips down my forehead.

I should try applying it to the back of my hand as an experiment to see if I grow hair there,lol.

Take care.
 04/11/2017 08:24 AM

Author Icon
newandold
Occasional Poster

Minoxidil sulfate IS unstable in solution.
Read some patents about it. i.e. You can use Google Patents or freepatentsonline.com
IMO the best chance is to prepare liquid solutions from pure powder everyday RIGHT BEFORE application.
You'd need a very accurate milligram scale for weighing powder.
Statistics
35798 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 268 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 269 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc