hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Are there all-in-one Minoxidil+Ketoconazole commercial lotions? Can you DIY?
Topic Summary: Are there all-in-one Minoxidil+Ketoconazole commercial lotions? Can you DIY?
Created On: 04/11/2017 08:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/11/2017 08:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
newandold
Occasional Poster

Are there all-in-one Minoxidil+Ketoconazole commercial lotions?
Which brands? Where to buy?

Can you DIY?
I have some chemistry background and think that the Ethyl Alcohol + Propylene Glycol will allow for a LITTLE Keto to stay in solution.
My only concern would be Keto slowly cross-reacting with Minox over time. Maybe not much of a worry if there are commercial lotions already in the market.

Is 1% Ketoconazole enough for a lotion?
Since you don't wash it away (unlike the shampoo) you need less of it.
So I think I can either add pure Ketoconazole USP powder to existing Rogaine (or generics) or brew it all from starch.

Thanks in advance for your replies guys.
 06/21/2017 11:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ohmyhair
Prolific Poster

The amazing results seeing on a paper where done with the 2 % cream. So I should go to the 2 %.
It will not react with Minox, I used it for tons of years and now I re started ( minoxidl 5 % ketoconazole 2 % lotion ) .

Here you have a really cool site of Pharmacist that made what it is call it " magistral " in Spanish ( I bet there are a similar site in english ) . It is in Spanish but it have really cool information ( may be you can use the google translator ) on how to compound different hair lotion including how much PG, how much Alcohol, how much water, etc :
http://www.formulacionmagistral.org/?s=minoxidil
Here you have a typical vehicle where you can put both drugs ( Minoxidil and ketoconazole ) :
Propilenglicol, 25 %
purify Water, 15 %
Alcohol (96º) csp, 100 ml ( csp means you reach he 100 ml with alcahol , keep in mind that the drugs have some volume, so that is why they use c.s.p , "cantidad suficiente para " in Spanish that in english should be "enough quantity to reach the 100 ml ")

If you want to go even easier, simple get the ketoconazole and dissolve it on the Rogain lotion. If you want to go even easier, apply minoxidil and a couple of minutes laters apply the ketoconazole cream . There are also sites where you can get it contact with a doctor that will give you a prescription to compound the lotion in a pharmacy.

-------------------------
I got my Rogain foam on amazon.
I got my avodart on pillsforall.com
Statistics
36059 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 277 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 277 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc