hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Rosemary oil stacks up well against minoxidil
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/19/2015 06:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2015 06:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
alan2102

This is pretty cool! It seems that Rosemary oil is as potent as minoxidil 2% for treatment of common male alopecia. I wonder if the combination of rosemary oil with other things (including minoxidil itself) would be even more helpful.

Cheers!

Alan

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25842469

Skinmed. 2015 Jan-Feb;13(1):15-21.

Rosemary oil vs minoxidil 2% for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia: a randomized comparative trial.

Panahi Y, Taghizadeh M, Marzony ET, Sahebkar A.

Abstract

Rosmarinus officinalis L. is a medicinal plant with diverse activities including enhancement microcapillary perfusion. The present study aimed to investigate the clinical efficacy of rosemary oil in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia (AGA) and compare its effects with minoxidil 2%. Patients with AGA were randomly assigned to rosemary oil (n = 50) or minoxidil 2% (n = 50) for a period of 6 months. After a baseline visit, patients returned to the clinic for efficacy and safety evaluations every 3 months. A standardized professional microphotographic assessment of each volunteer was taken at the initial interview and after 3 and 6 months of the trial. No significant change was observed in the mean hair count at the 3-month endpoint, neither in the rosemary nor in the minoxidil group (P > .05). In contrast, both groups experienced a significant increase in hair count at the 6-month endpoint compared with the baseline and 3-month endpoint (P < .05). No significant difference was found between the study groups regarding hair count either at month 3 or month 6 (> .05). The frequencies of dry hair, greasy hair, and dandruff were not found to be significantly different from baseline at either month 3 or month 6 trial in the groups (P > .05). The frequency of scalp itching at the 3- and 6-month trial points was significantly higher compared with baseline in both groups (P < .05). Scalp itching, however, was more frequent in the minoxidil group at both assessed endpoints (P < .05). The findings of the present trial provided evidence with respect to the efficacy of rosemary oil in the treatment of AGA.

PMID: 25842469
 05/10/2015 08:01 PM

Author Icon
Fat-Elvis
Accomplished Poster

If I had an extra hair for every product I've tried that is "as effective as 2% minoxidil" I'd be a NW1 by now.

-------------------------
Age 33- NW2.5/3, no crown loss knock on wood

quit fin/minox years ago. currently:
-Regenepure shampoo 4-5 times a week
-Neogenic
-salicylic acid (Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid) before applying neo
-MSM pills
 06/18/2015 08:59 PM

Author Icon
guysmiley
Accomplished Poster

I cant even count how many supplements at this point claim they help with hair loss. I tried a lot of them since they are pretty good for you anyways and none of them do a dang thing. The only thing that might help slightly is saw palmetto. What is the mechanism of action for this one? it doesnt even say.
Im not gonna beat a dead horse but the proven things are proven for good reasons.
 12/04/2015 07:43 AM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

Rosemary increases blood circulation, and i´m using fresh rosemary in my treatment.
The scalp gets a little reddish though, but fades quiet quickly after i rinse my hair.

Managed to regrow my hair at least.
Antioxidants, enzymes, anti viral nutrients for example to stop and regrowing hair.
Why do you think hobos has a full set of hair?
Could it be of their naturally created immune system for toxins?

It´s right in front of our noses.

Edited: 12/07/2015 at 12:06 PM by Quasimoto
 12/22/2015 09:01 AM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

Amazing response.

03/22/2016 03:19 AM

Author Icon
max2223

I highly doubt rosemary is as effective as minoxidil for hair loss. I'm sure it helps in some way, but I'm more than sure you would have to use it in combination with other supplements or herbs known to help with hair loss.
 05/05/2016 02:06 AM

Author Icon
mjoe

I've heard rosemary oil is pretty good for promoting healthy hair, but I just don't see how it can be just as potent as 2% minoxidil. Just out of curiosity how often are you supposed to apply it daily for it to work as well as minoxidil 2%?
 05/05/2016 10:03 PM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: mjoe

I've heard rosemary oil is pretty good for promoting healthy hair, but I just don't see how it can be just as potent as 2% minoxidil. Just out of curiosity how often are you supposed to apply it daily for it to work as well as minoxidil 2%?

I apply it before sleep, and i mix it with coriander, ginger.
Moist my hair first with coconut oil, and then i juice the above ingredients and apply on my scalp.

05/06/2016 05:37 AM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

I can provide pictures of my progress, if anyone is interested?
Think people in general are lost by the use of drugs or supplements, since growing plants are way more complex due their complexity, for your bodys recognition how to handle it.

05/20/2016 12:10 PM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

Well, hope you will find the magic cure for your fur.
I am so amazingly amazed that people still think it´s genetic, and that we still think it´s a cure.
It´s natures way of saying focus on something else, and treat your hair loss instead, that is actually front of your nose.

But sure the industry will always be with you, since you don´t have common sense to do it your self.

Statistics
35907 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 327 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 327 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc