hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: First Post - Great Hair Transplant Doctor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/22/2016 03:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/22/2016 03:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
hairagain3

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I guess I should have been happy that I made it to 50 with most of my hair. But by the time I got to 53, I noticed that my hair began to thin. And it continued for months after that. In the next two years, I lost most of my hair on my scalp. I used Saw Palmetto for the next say 3 years, but it didn't seem to help at all. After looking up other possible solutions, I finally settled on Pumpkin Seed oil, Zinc and Beta Sisosterol. I don't know which one did the trick or if it was a combination of all 3 but it appeared to stabilize my hair loss, though it didn't regrow the hair I had already lost.

I thought about a hair transplant (I definately didn't want to go the toupee route) but didn't think I could afford it. But I couldn't stand looking at my loss in the mirror and so I began to do a lot of research. It seemed that most of the doctors I looked up had something, some issue that bothered me and I really about gave up. So I've lived with baseball caps for the last 6 years.

As a last hope, I looked up hair doctors in my region (Oregon) and found Dr. Stephen Gable in Portland, Or. I looked him up, couldn't find anyone who had anything bad to say about him, unlike some of the other doctors I researched and decided to give it a go. I've been so sick of wearing a hat.

It's now been 5 days since my transplant. And I have to say that I've been very happy that I finally went in. Of course, everything is new, I'm still in the healing phase, but I'm quite happy with the results so far. Dr. Gable is a great guy, super nice, and he worked with me when money was an issue. I'm not rich by any means, but he still gave me a top notch transplant, all the while keeping things light with his quirky sense of humor. His staff too, I have to say, were great. They never once made me feel uncomfortable or did anything other than give me their very best.

For what it's worth to any who find themselves in my position. You won't go wrong with Dr. Gable.
 12/14/2016 04:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mohairfome

He looks like a good choice. I wish you luck.
Statistics
35910 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 316 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 316 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc