hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hair receding upwards from neck
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/13/2016 03:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/13/2016 03:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

I am heading towards a norwood 7. The pattern is already showing. What are the chances the bottom of my head will recede too? You no where it recedes upwards?

I am trying to come up with options hair transplant wise...but if I am to thin there aswel then I am truly fcuked and might as well not bother. Having that area recede up aswel as my low lateral humps I will have hardly any donor to use and way too much area to cover in the long run. It would be pointless

I look around at severely balding guys (norwood 7s in there 40s plus) and a lot of them have this upward receding pattern at the bottom of their heads.

From what you guys have seen and know do a fair percentage of these norwood 7s end up with this pattern or is it completely random?

Cheers
 07/13/2016 04:47 PM

Author Icon
Calvin 3.0
Accomplished Poster

The "receding up from the neck" thing is not unsual on NW#7s. Sorry man.

Just as a general opinion, I don't think anyone should be getting transplants if they are detecting a NW#7 pattern in the first half of their lifetime. The donor hair just isn't adequate. Going NW#7 typically means A LOT of baldness susceptibility in general. Even the so-called "safe zones" are liable to thin worse than average as you get older.

I think HTs can be trusted to reverse the MPB process by about 2 Norwood levels. That's a lifetime high figure, for exhausing the donor supply and none of the procedures gave bad growth.

Of course there are exceptions but most people are not exceptions.

-----------------------

-------------------------
I have no medical training but sometimes I
pretend to know what I'm talking about.
 07/13/2016 05:57 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Lol I guess I am fcuked. Not what I wanted to hear but it's what I was expecting. I lower my expectations every year and keep comprising but it just doesn't fcking end. A few years ago I wanted to try and be a norwood 1 again. I realise this is a bad idea because of donor supply etc etc. Now I just want a conservative h airline to frame my face and happily have less density behind and the crown. But now it seems this is even a bad idea. I have to worry about lateral humps, the neck receding, donor thinning. It doesn't end.

The thought of me becoming a norwood 6 a few years scared the shit out of me. But now I would love to take that. No lateral humps to deal with, probably no neck receding, just have to cover crown and front with some coverage. Im happy with that, I'm over being a norwood 1. But no I am destined to be a norwood 7 which is a massive difference

The problem for me is this is happening slowly. I am 29 and am maybe nw4ish. It started when I as 16/17. So I don't expect to lose the rest for another 10 years or so. It's soul crushing. It's very similar to Freddie ljurnberg. His started young but is only now a norwood 7 at 40. Hairline going first followed by the rest.

My plan was to build a conservative hairline first (which is the only thing I need right now). Then over the next 10 to 15 years fix my lateral humps when they go, fix conservative temple points, and then finally fill in the crown area and area behind hairline with thin coverage. Maybe with beard and chest hair. Which I have a lot of. And don't want lol. That was the plan. No meds (apart from maybee growth stims like minxidil). No concealers no other bullshit. Just small hts over the years to give me some coverage. Like fredthebegian

But now I'm seeing all these nw7s with the neck receding thing and it's just brutal. These guys literally have no hair left. No donor. I can't catch a break
 07/14/2016 05:45 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

You have to look at it as a blessing to find out early. I would guess a good majority of guys out there are stuck in a no man's land with the clock ticking. In reality they were poorly guided and the numbers were not fully disclosed in a way that could be fully understood. If they were the industry might not be able to sell the procedure.

I like the following example. If you have 20 cookies on a plate and your mom tells you not to eat them because they are for company but you think you could take a few without her noticing you are probably right...........maybe. But if you take 16 and move the balance of 4 around to make the plate look full you are only kidding yourself and tattooing pictures of cookies is not going to solve the problem.

Look at guys like Elton John, David Lee Roth, Joe Rogan, Nick Cage, Richard Simmons, David Guest, Wayne Rooney, etc. For some the clock is still ticking for others the bell has already rung.

In fact in a very recent Daily Mail article the comment was made that Wayne Rooney had more hair last night then he does today. The author seems perplexed because he does not understand that Rooney needs to wear hair make up. But in my opinion his problems have only begun because he is a fairly young man and the clock is ticking. Guys working in the industry will tell you how great he looks and it's early days and he might need a top off............blah, blah, blah. That's their job and why you see many of them sticking together and talking it up. That is the big negative with many of the forums. They are simply honey traps in the form of pretend social proof. If you frequent them enough without truly understanding what is going on you can easily be caught in the web.

The doctors know what is going on and those that participate outside of posting a result here and there are taking part in what many would consider marketing fraud.

It's a blessing for you to have the information and find out early.

I'm looking at a case on another forum of about 4000 grafts on a high norwood. It looks absolutely ridiculous. Those hairs do not belong there. They are thick and dark in a thinning pattern. That does not happen in nature. Thick dark hairs in a thinning pattern draw the eye because it looks odd and it can't be fixed. I put together a picture of a tree in another post. It looks like that. Thick branches on the periphery of the tree. That does not happen in nature.

You look normal...............it's a blessing be thankful.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 07/14/2016 at 06:27 AM by topcat
 07/15/2016 04:51 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

I know I should be thankful to avoid all the shit people like you have gone through. It is sad. It just sucks I have no decent options. Even nw5 and nw6s have some options hair transplant wise. I refuse to wear a wig and take any more meds. So I've only one choice.

What you say about thick hairs in thinning areas is exactly why I'm so fcuking cautious about hts. They look awful. Maybe someone like fredthebelgian had naturally thin hair so it worked for him. And maybe he's in the minority.

Well cheers guys thanks for the replies
 07/16/2016 08:17 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Sunchyme sometimes the solution becomes a bigger problem than the problem it was meant to solve. Of course that is not what anyone wants to hear but once they start to understand how the problem can become bigger they are usually very thankful that the solution was fully explained to them and they passed on it.

Yes Fred is kind of ideal in my opinion. His donor is so thin it limits the number of grafts available but it also means those hair are more likely to match or not look odd. If he had really thick donor with receded temples of thinner caliber hair it would look worse than a bad toupee. The contrast of thin caliber hairs at the sides/temples and thicker hairline hairs looks terrible and really stands out.

Then of course you have the forums which have been mostly co opted by marketers. I think right now is probably it's lowest point in history. Just look at all the devastation coming out of Turkey. Then look at how many doctors are now tattooing dots for money. Then connect that with the forums promoting it. Ask yourself are these guys working hand in hand and is the information you are being given complete crap...............maybe..........one needs to at least consider it.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 07/16/2016 08:17 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Sunchyme sometimes the solution becomes a bigger problem than the problem it was meant to solve. Of course that is not what anyone wants to hear but once they start to understand how the problem can become bigger they are usually very thankful that the solution was fully explained to them and they passed on it.

Yes Fred is kind of ideal in my opinion. His donor is so thin it limits the number of grafts available but it also means those hair are more likely to match or not look odd. If he had really thick donor with receded temples of thinner caliber hair it would look worse than a bad toupee. The contrast of thin caliber hairs at the sides/temples and thicker hairline hairs looks terrible and really stands out.

Then of course you have the forums which have been mostly co opted by marketers. I think right now is probably it's lowest point in history. Just look at all the devastation coming out of Turkey. Then look at how many doctors are now tattooing dots for money. Then connect that with the forums promoting it. Ask yourself are these guys working hand in hand and is the information you are being given complete crap...............maybe..........one needs to at least consider it.

10/24/2016 06:19 AM

Author Icon
r_judley

wow! i have never heard of this kind of hair loss pattern. Have you approached a surgeon already? From what I know the back part of the head is often considered the donor area. So having that largely affected is a problem. I would love to know what doctors think could be done with it?
 10/26/2016 03:26 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: r_judley

wow! i have never heard of this kind of hair loss pattern. Have you approached a surgeon already? From what I know the back part of the head is often considered the donor area. So having that largely affected is a problem. I would love to know what doctors think could be done with it?

F___ all can be done with it and I should know, I am embarrassed to say that I gave some grief to a guy on here saying that the donor hair can recede upwards for a NW6 because I had never seen it and I'd never heard it mentioned by any doctor. I just thought it was BS.

Well it happens - and I know for sure because it happened to me - if I had had a transplant at that point I would now be totally f____d.
Fortunately even though those were the days of very little information I didn't get anything done and knew I wasn't a Strip candidate and also could not get a definitive answer to FUE scarring/dotting.

I now am a NW7 and cut to stubble across my whole head & face - it's not what I would have preferred but it's OK - if I grow my hair out it looks really bizarre because the lower donor area is totally miniaturised.

I would add that I am a clear NW7 with aggressive loss (even though it only really started at about 24) and not every NW6/7 gets it this bad. In fact MPB is so specific to every individual that rate and amount of hair loss cannot be predicted with real reliability on any individual at all. Some people lose early and plateau for a while, others keep their hair for longer and then aggressively lose the lot, and many just slowly continue to lose over time - the whole thing is a crapshoot.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
Statistics
35907 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 379 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 379 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc