hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: body hair transplants
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/28/2017 01:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/28/2017 01:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

hi guys

wondering why the success rate is lower with using body hair like chest, arm and leg than it is using scalp hair? and why is it more expensive?

i know this seems abit nuts. but im looking to intentionally avoid using scalp hair and go straight to body hair to avoid a 'pluggy' look

my hair is close to looking like the attachment below.

all i want to do is rebuild my temples very conservatively to create a frame for my face. and continue to keep it really short. and because most of the top of my head is thinner, i think using scalp hairs would give an unnatural appearance. the hairs on my arms and legs are thnner and would match my scalp.

like i said i want to go very conservative here. i dont take meds and wont because of past side effects and and happy with having a buzz cut balding looking

i just want to fill temple areas a bit with some fine hair to create a naturally looking balding frame.

does this make sense?

cheers

body h.png
body h.png  (954 KB)

05/11/2017 09:05 PM

Author Icon
lauraberney3

Before taking any step for a hair transplant, you should consult a doctor first. It totally depends upon the donor site. Transplants often involve taking hair from the area of the head where it's plentiful and transplanting it onto areas where the hair is thinning or receding.
Some men, however, don't have enough hair in the 'donor' area.
 05/12/2017 05:41 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Yes most especially repair patients can be helped with body and beard hair. My donor area was decimated and looking back I now understand my mistakes years ago. I fell for marketing I just didn't know it I thought it was honest information from advocates. If someone was tied to a promoter then I thought they were good people after all I came to believe the promoter was a good guy. I mean the message was constantly repeated in a subtle manner over time so you just assume. Advertising is a form of brain washing just keep repeating the message over and over again. These guys should just STFU already. I mean I was a young inexperienced kid in my 20's who made one simple mistake and my desperation made me easy bait for the marketers.

It's only years later that I now understand it. I have also learned those with the platforms and the loudest mouths can often convince the unsuspecting young man or woman for that matter.

Eventually I figured out honest people don't rely so much on marketing but on presenting evidence. Here is the work it speaks for itself same applies with everything else out there. DaVinci did not need some loud mouth jackass promoter where Bob the painter does. Maybe because Bob doesn't know what the hell he is doing so he needs to fake until he can make it and maybe he will never make it. As long as you don't buy a painting from Bob the painter you should be okay.

Eventually I found myself in Beligium and that was a choice. Dr. Bisanga was able to take over 1000 beard hairs from a small 2" square area of my chin and give me some relief and I have no visible scarring. Of course I can never really be whole again but now I can sprint without worry about having only a few hairs that are waving in the wind. It really does mean a lot to me. I still need to use concealer but very little. So body and beard hair does have a place most especially if you made the same mistakes I have made listening to two bit marketing sh*tballs and trust me the numbers out there that have been damaged is unimaginable.

I bad mouth the industry for one reason the majority are simply not truthful and they feed off the desperation of young men and their actions and words speak volumes. I am posting a 4" square at the bottom of the post. That represents the area you can cover with 5000 grafts at 50% density after losing about 1000 over time because donor too is suseptible to DHT. When was the last time some jackass marketer or doctor gave you those numbers that make it much clearer with a simple piece of paper............they don't they just run their mouths.

If you want to look at results then pick any ht doctor in the world that has had the procedure and look at his result. You will then be a little closer to reality.

New Year's Eve party a year before my first procedure with Dr. Bisanga and this is with concealer. Kind of ridiculous looking but one must live their life and I certainly did and yes it made me stronger. Tough lesson though.

And this is what it's about for me.............a little freedom from the noose that was wrapped around my neck 30 years ago. I know I have posted this photo before but it's a reminder for me.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 05/12/2017 at 12:07 PM by topcat
 05/12/2017 11:59 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

You can also cut that 4" square into 4 strips and use that as an exercise in what is possible. Maybe you only need one strip and you have 3 left. Does it work long term when you start moving the strips into place. Will you have enough strips of paper for the long term. If you understand the limitations chances are you will not have to have hair extracted from your chest or face. Do it on paper first and do it several times before you let someone cut open your head. You don't get any do overs.

Definitely find at least 10 doctors that work as ht surgeons and view the work on their own head. Find those doctors that have had the procedure themselves and you might be changing your mind. Additionally you can find at least 5-10 who are bald or balding and ask them why they have decided not to have the procedure and the answer will very often be that for them the numbers simply do not add up long term and they can explain the math to you. If you go to a doctor and he does not explain this math then move on. If you had a procedure and the math was never explained then omitting information is marketing fraud. Legal recourse is in marketing fraud and not what you don't like when you look in the mirror.

The more you understand the math and the difficulty in performing the procedure the better off you will be. If you think anyone can cut out 5000 pieces of skin from your skull and that many are equal then good luck to you but I would suggest more research.

If you want to bump up the density above 50% then take half of one strip and place it on top of a full strip. Each time you do that you will reduce the area of coverage and chances are although some doctors will try the density will not increase do to the limitations of surgery. So you will just eat away at your donor while wasting your time and money. So think twice before you attempt it.

You might find that you can't make any of it work on paper even better. You learned what the marketers don't want you to know and you did it without being harmed. You are one step ahead of the game. You can now work towards other goals.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 05/12/2017 at 03:51 PM by topcat
Statistics
35872 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 323 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 323 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc