hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The clueless BBC trying to look at the hair transplant business...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/04/2018 12:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/04/2018 12:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

The good 'ole corrupt BBC doing a half assed job of looking at hair transplants - the journalist knows virtually nothing about the subject - so she knows slightly more than the hapless patient

To be fair they did try to put out a few warnings, but their level of ignorance overwhelms any good intentions they might have had.

I am a dickhead so I went to Turkey without doing any proper research and trusting to luck

-------------------------
A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 09/04/2018 03:11 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

They don't show the final result why?

They state within 6 months he will see his result. False more like 12 months.
But if you judge the time by these marketing fraudsters that see someone post a bad result online then they have to wait at least 24 months which is BS

They do not discuss the most important aspect of HT the numbers. Paul sounds like he believes he can keep going back to the well and viewers might believe the same. The numbers are limited. More like you will lose 20,000 grafts long term but only have 5,000 or less available to replace them. Kind of an important piece of information to leave out.

I did like that they recommended a psychological examination first.

Paul could have easily gone to a hair stylist and tried a better cut instead of the right or left side part.

They should have gone more into the story of the guy with the hideous result. How does he cope? Did he have thoughts of suicide? How does he deal with people in face to face conversations? How has it affected his social life? What does he say to people that stare at his head? Has it affected his ability to get a job?

There was a lot of meat there that could have made the story better. People love to read or watch that type of thing out of curiosity. They want to hear the horrors stories and the HT industry is absolutely filled with them. Too many stories to even publish.

Skywalker.............thank you for posting this I missed it.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 09/09/2018 06:44 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

They don't show the final result why?

I don't think they are being deliberately manipulative, I notice that this is how it normally plays out with the MSM. It's more down to ignorance and a basic lack of real interest in the subject.
You've got some know nothing journalist and a cameraman sent out to create output ASAP. That is their real drive, there is no way they are going to hold the piece for 6/12 months and to revisit will not be cost effective for them because the result will just take a few minutes to show and will not in their eyes create enough air time to justify the expense required. It will also not give the know nothing journalist any opportunity to look good and to further their career.

I'm sure as far as they are concerned "we've done hair transplants for a while" and it will only be used as a filler again after a period of time has elapsed (e.g. a year). It's all about them, they will pay lip service to doing a proper job on any subject but in reality it is well down their order of priority.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 09/10/2018 12:46 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I'm sure as far as they are concerned "we've done hair transplants for a while" and it will only be used as a filler again after a period of time has elapsed (e.g. a year). It's all about them, they will pay lip service to doing a proper job on any subject but in reality it is well down their order of priority.

True

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
Statistics
36283 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 263 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 263 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc