hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dr.Vance Elliott - Anyone?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/23/2007 10:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/23/2007 10:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SW2
Occasional Poster

Can anyone post a review on Dr.Vance Elliott??

http://www.drvanceelliott.com/

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ollie
 10/24/2007 10:19 AM

Author Icon
Cudos
Prolific Poster

I saw one patient of his in the early stages after transplant, probably 2 weeks post op. I knew right away as soon as I saw the gent. I actually talked to the fellow for a few minutes. It didn't look too bad, I would have liked to have a closer look at the graft placement and density.

I myself opted for Dr.Nakatsui for my procedure after doing much research. I am now 4 months post op and so far so good.
I do believe Dr.Elliot was less expensive but I just felt Dr.Nakatsui was a better choice. I also had some pretty good references regarding him "Nakatsui"
Good Luck

Edited: 10/24/2007 at 10:20 AM by Cudos
 10/24/2007 06:54 PM

Author Icon
SW2
Occasional Poster

Thanks Cudos. Do you mind if i ask how much you're procedure costed? Can you post pictures?

Edited: 10/24/2007 at 06:55 PM by SW2
 10/25/2007 07:47 AM

Author Icon
Cudos
Prolific Poster

Ollie, I paid $7,900 for 1500 grafts (ended up with 1760) grafts. I'll try to get some post surgery pics up for you later. Dr.Nakatsui would have liked to place closer to 2000 grafts but I insisted and he relented on NOT shaving my recipient area. I wanted to use some existing hair to cover up my procedure. Its worked nicley.

He explained that he would prefer to buzz the recipient for maximum results but also assured me that I would still be happy regardless. I'm assuming you're in the Edmonton area if you're inquiring about Dr.Vance? Have you seen Dr.Nakatsui site ot talked to him.

Cheers for now
 10/25/2007 07:34 PM

Author Icon
Cudos
Prolific Poster

Edited: 10/25/2007 at 07:42 PM by Cudos
 10/25/2007 07:41 PM

Author Icon
Cudos
Prolific Poster

As soon as i can take some current pics (almost 4 months now) I will post

My results at almost 4 months I feel are pretty dam good compard to the pre op pics here. Keeping in mind too I only had 1760 grafts.

Edited: 10/30/2007 at 08:18 AM by Cudos
 10/28/2007 10:03 PM

Author Icon
SW2
Occasional Poster

Cudos,

thanks very very much for your posts. I just scheduled a consultation with Dr.Nakatsui. Do you have pictures of the incision/scar left in your donor area?
 10/29/2007 06:36 AM

Author Icon
Cudos
Prolific Poster

Hi,I don't have any pics of that but I can tell you its all but invisible. My wife has trouble finding it. Dr.Nakatsui uses the Tricophytic closure for strip so that must have helped. I could try and take a pic but I only have a crappy 2 megapixle camera and you wouldn't see anything. I've seen lots of post HT scars on this forum over the years and I can honestly say that my scar has healed beautifully. I am very very happy with scar and its only been 4 months.

You might be interested to know that Dr.Nakatsui studied under Dr.Wong and I found him very professional. He does need to update his bio picture on his web page though LOL, he looks like he's 15 in that picture.

When you see him, tell him that Robert is still waiting for him to update that dam picture (-:

Let me know how your consult goes.
 11/25/2007 10:50 PM

Author Icon
SW2
Occasional Poster

Hey Cudos,

Dr.Nakatsui is great!

I'm looking for your posted pics but i can't find them any more . Can you repost them or updated/current pics? I'm really interested to see the area of coverage. Also, how was your healing from the operation? Can you also confirm what % of the entire procedure i can expect to get back from income tax benefits? I live in Alberta, so i think 23.25% is the number, but do you or anyone else know?

Also, this is a general question:

How much area can 6000+ grafts cover? I've been told i have about 6000 total grafts. If i use ~1200 grafts for my hairline at my age of 24, how far will the remaining 4800 go?

Thanks
 12/01/2007 10:46 AM

Author Icon
SW2
Occasional Poster

bump...
 12/19/2007 11:59 AM

Author Icon
Cudos
Prolific Poster

Hey SW2, sorry, I haven't been around much. Glad to hear your visit with Dr.Nakatsui went well. What did he say, how many grafts does he think you need. Im going to post my 6 months results in the next 2 days along with some before shots.

Watch for them.

LINK--
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=74939

Cheers

Edited: 12/20/2007 at 07:37 AM by Cudos
 09/10/2016 06:45 PM

Author Icon
Bangin

I know this thread is a little old but I figured I'd chime in.

About a year and a half ago I had a FUT transplant done by Vance Elliot, before proceeding I searched for reviews but couldn't find any but went ahead with it anyway (big mistake), this is also the reason I'm making this post so that someone else looking for info might stumble across the review.

At my first appointment he fluffed my hair a little, told me I needed a laser cap, brand name propecia/rogaine, all which he would sell me, he claimed the generics wouldn't work. Looking back now I'm assuming this was so he could pocket more profit, I've now switched to generic Propecia and Kirkland rogaine, all of which work exactly the same as the more expensive brand name products. Then we booked an appt for a transplant, he told me 12k which would get me 4000 grafts (I only ended up with 2000). Few months later the big day came, in I went and everything got started. The first unusual thing I noticed was when the "doctor" was removing the strip, towards the end instead of carefully removing it he ripped it off, the force threw him back a good few feet. This was my first transplant but I'm assuming this is not normal. Second thing I noticed was Vance leaving the operation room for long periods of time leaving his assistant to do a large portion of the grafts, I paid for a surgeon to do a transplant, not an assistant so I wasn't really pleased with this. Lastly while stiching me up he had a foot up on the chair and made a reference to tying up a pair of skates, I didn't see the humour in it...

After the surgery things didn't go so well, all of the normal symptoms, pain/swelling for the first few days, tight scalp for a few months. At about 4 weeks the shock loss started, both in the recipient and donor area, I lost the majority of hair on my head and had a 1" line running ear to ear. I also had large scabs along the donor area before I got the stitches out, I didn't think much about it at the time but what had happened is The stitches didn't hold so I'm not left with a really bad scar. What's worse is only approx 50% of the grafts took so it has a really unnatural look now.

I'm in the middle of researching a doctor to correct the scar and fill in some of the areas in the front where the grafts didn't take. It hasn't been a good experience, hopefully my next go at it is a little more smooth. I'll definitely do my research prior to choosing a surgeon this time.
Statistics
35907 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 380 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 381 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc