hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Follow My Major Repair
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/02/2009 10:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/18/2010 01:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bigmac
Accomplished Poster

Looking good Topcat,the work from Dr Bisanga speaks for itself. You seem to heal very quickly. Take care bm.

-------------------------
Two poor HTs with Norton(strips)
One poor HT with a Greek fue clinic
Two great HTs with Shapiro Medical Group
Strip and fue
 02/18/2010 01:27 PM

Author Icon
mintyfresh
Accomplished Poster

hey topcat looks like you had a promising session there, I hope you get a great result,
I think I would be tempted to buzz all of that loose hair until the rest starts growing in though, scars and all
 02/19/2010 04:50 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Thanks mintyfresh.

I will post a picture of my hair using a concealer in the next few days. Then you can see why I didn't shave it all off.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 02/19/2010 08:25 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Here is a picture at a little over 4 weeks with a concealer. I work in customer service a few days a week and can't wear a hat.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 07/09/2010 02:14 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Posted on behalf of Topcat

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 07/09/2010 05:30 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

For those of you who are not familiar with my case. This was an exploratory surgery for me. My goals were to test both body and beard hair along with a small amount of available scalp hair. It was a total of 828 fue a relatively small session but I wanted to be extremely cautious.

I have zero visible scarring to both the body and face and the growth has been very good at the 6 month mark. It has made quite a difference for me when using a concealer. I hope to do several more sessions of both chest and beard hair, then finish up with any available scalp donor. I am very realistic in what can be achieved but I'm sure it will make quite a difference.

Since I do spend time outdoors I would notice any white dotting as my skin color changes. I am happy to say I have not experienced this and everything looks normal. I will take some up close shots of the chest and beard donor in September when my skin color has changed the most.

08/16/2010 09:44 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

These are Topcats 7 months update pics.

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 08/17/2010 06:56 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I know it might not look like much to others but this is a giant step forward for me. This was somewhat of an exploratory surgery for me. I needed to see if the body and beard hair were going to grow and that I did not experience any visible scarring. At this point I would have to say it's a 100% success. I can now move forward with additional procedures with full confidence.

BHR and Dr. Bisanga are the most ethical and experienced in this business and I am glad I waited 10 years to start this repair and I am also happy that I passed on all the previous doctors in which I had consultations.

Just that little bit of hair that is growing now makes all the difference while using a concealer. I know that I can expect better days ahead.

08/17/2010 08:11 AM

Author Icon
RichLocks
Accomplished Poster

looks great with concealer.. are you or Bisanga concerned about the concealer being on your scalp all day? How long do you leave it in?
 08/17/2010 10:39 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Richlocks, the concealr does not seem to be a problem and I have been using for well over 15 years.

08/18/2010 05:01 PM

Author Icon
VinDieselWannabe
Accomplished Poster

Topcat, which concealer do you use?

0.5mg Avodart daily
Rogaine once a day before bed
Nizoral or Ketoconazole shampoo daily
1 Biotin tablet daily
------------------
 08/19/2010 06:01 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Prothik, although I am thinking about trying topcoverage. Sinice the sprayer on Prothik has recenlty been changed it goes on a little heavier then before. The key seems to be able to spray it on the scalp very lightly to almost get that dotting effect similar to a tattoo.

08/19/2010 07:29 AM

Author Icon
RichLocks
Accomplished Poster

do you always wash out before you sleep? do you apply it everyday?
 08/19/2010 12:49 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I wash it out in the morning and I need to apply it everyday. BasicallyI just spray the scalp while the hair is still wet, let me hair air dry and then style. It has almost the same effect as the tattooing that we have seen on the forums. A light spraying of the scalp gives a dotting effect and greatly reduces the contrast between the hair and scalp. The more hair you have the better the effect.

But unlike tattooing it is reversible and doesn't turn blue or fade.

Concealers are messy and do become tiresome to always have to apply but unfortuantely at this point I do not have a choice. I am hoping continued improvement with BHR and additional beard and chest hair I can greatly reduce it's use.

08/20/2010 02:48 PM

Author Icon
Gillenator
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: topcat I know it might not look like much to others but this is a giant step forward for me. This was somewhat of an exploratory surgery for me. I needed to see if the body and beard hair were going to grow and that I did not experience any visible scarring. At this point I would have to say it's a 100% success. I can now move forward with additional procedures with full confidence. BHR and Dr. Bisanga are the most ethical and experienced in this business and I am glad I waited 10 years to start this repair and I am also happy that I passed on all the previous doctors in which I had consultations. Just that little bit of hair that is growing now makes all the difference while using a concealer. I know that I can expect better days ahead.
Topcat, I think this has made a remarkable difference in your appearance. Very happy for you and yes I ageee, better days are ahead for you. Best wishes to you my friend!

Gillenator
[email protected]

NOTE: I am not a doctor; my opinions are not medical advice. Contributing Physicians: Dr. Glenn Charles, Dr. Jim Harris, Drs. Bob True & Bob Dorin
 09/20/2010 01:39 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Here is Topcat's 8 months update.

09/20/2010 06:54 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Having only just a little over 800 fue, with half of them being chest and beard hair the results so far are fantastic.

I was out in the Sun all sumer and I have absolutely zero white dotting.

Thank you Farrel for posting my udate.

09/20/2010 01:24 PM

Author Icon
Hair today,Gone tomorrow
Accomplished Poster

Are you going to get more done? Seems like you still have plenty to use.
 09/20/2010 02:18 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Yes, I plan on going back for several more procedures. The next one should be sometime in Dec/Jan.

11/16/2010 02:26 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Here is Topcat's 11 months update.

Hair Loss Help » Surgical Hair Restoration - Hair Transplant Open Topic » Follow My Major Repair

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
35872 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 307 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 307 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc