hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hair4all - Phil osmond
Topic Summary: Hair Syatems
Created On: 07/07/2016 10:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/07/2016 10:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
the hair wearer

I would strongly recommend that you avoid hair4all and Phil Osmomd like the plague!

I have been wearing hair systems for the last 14 years and used many companies throughout the whole of the uk, usa and the uk. I have been promised the earth by phils " wheeler dealer " attitude and have been let down and stitched up many times and left with out a system because his systems came back the incorrect size, poor quality and didnt last.

I now use Optima hair who only charge £299 Including VAT, are much superior systems. On the other hand if you are happy with the hair4all systems them I would advise you going direct to 3rd Dimension studios who use the same factory but sell the systems for £ 250 or you can go direct to the supplier:

Shugen Liu
Bond Corporation
Address: 20 Dian Tai Road, Heping District, Tianjin 300070 P.R.China
Tel:86-22-23042949
Fax: 86-22-23042989
 07/10/2016 05:00 AM

Author Icon
boldoutlaw
Occasional Poster

I couldn't agree more, Osmond is a shyster and not to be trusted. His Utube videos are something else, he comes across as a right idiot/dope lol, I'm sure he is more serious when he parts customers from there money though!! I feel sorry for the guys that buy from him. I would also like to add, being a long time wearer I've seen it all and tried most of the online suppliers, Oh, and forget about ordering direct from China, you WILL be disappointed. If any of Osmonds customers are reading this, there are better suppliers out there and much cheaper! I now buy exclusively from NW Lace and have never been happier.

Edited: 07/10/2016 at 05:19 AM by boldoutlaw
 07/11/2016 05:22 PM

Author Icon
Shatnersrug
Occasional Poster

Have to agree Eric's systems at NW lace are amazing - first order came back with everything the way I ordered, brilliant once attached can't see the join!
 07/12/2016 11:25 AM

Author Icon
rolling star
Regular Poster

there are some good suppliers out there depending on where you are as the best will hook you up with a stylist
 07/12/2016 11:25 AM

Author Icon
rolling star
Regular Poster

duplicate of above
 10/27/2016 10:24 AM

Author Icon
londonlosinit
Regular Poster

afrer a long absence from the forum I felt compelled to reply to this topic as I have been a customer of Phil's for the last year...I have previously had systems from NWL, Toplace,Shunfa, and was originaly a customer of Myhairdirect before they went under...

and before the usual starts up feel free to go back over my old posts, it will be clear to see I am a genuine wearer and not affiliated with any company...I am just trying to give an honest and fair account of the last 3 years of wearing and the 3 companies I have used in that time.

Whilst I agree that NWL and Toplace have the customer service nailed I personally was not happy with the custom systems I got from either...the stocks were really very good quality and were always delivered to me when promised and the specs were consistent with both companies, good knots, usable density and colour was always spot on! both John and Eric are a pleasure to deal with and I have no intention of taking potshots at either, both are good guys (a rare thing in this industry)and I would have no hesitation in ordering from either in the event I got left high and dry...or indeed recommending the to other wearers, just because my requirments were not met does not mean either are bad vendors..

that said I had trouble with both when ordering custom units, i will say upfront they both made it right by either refunding me or providing a suitable replacement stock unit so I have no beef with either,

the fact remains however that neither of them got it right.

in the case of NWL after over a year of ordering stocks I decided to go for a custom piece...what arrived was 20% over the density required and had poker straight hair in it, it was practically unwearable and so different from the specs I requested that it went in the bin after a week. the quailty was good, I have no qualms there but just not salvagable given how far off it was in terms of specs...I then went back to wearing stocks for a while. Eric was a gent and sorted it with replacement stocks so a big plus for customer service.

problem is I have quite a small head and I am a #4 at the back and almost a #6 at the front and have grey temples blonde eyebrows and a grey ,blonde and brown beard!, so most stocks are just not usable, I ended up wearing #620 for a good while and colouring the perimeter and back to a #4 and graduating th colour back to front but when both countour and colour are slightly off it can make wearing a maintenance hassle and systems tend not to last very long! I got 8 weeks max out of those units due in part to the amount of adjustment required to make them work.

so after another 2 or 3 stock units from NWL I decided to try Toplace, once again a plus for customer service, john is a gent and the stock units were great, good quaility ,nice knots, good density, consistent etc, however once again when i went to order a custom, (this time 2) it all went a bit wrong.

I requested 2 units be made, one rush and one to be started after the first one had been recieved..this was done specifically to ensure that if the first one was wrong then I had another on the way that could be ''tweaked'' if required.

as it happened they both arrived together and were once again way off, to dense, to dark towards the front not enough graduation ,etc etc..John was a gent and supplied me with a stock to see me through and we went again...

sadly the next one was even further away from what I requested, even the template was different, I had requested they make it with less recession and it came back with so much It was not wearable! I sent John the pics, he agreed and was very sorry and supplied me with stock units in lieu of the customes I had paid for.

worth reiterating that quality was not an issue at all, just specs being correct..I must state at this point that I have a policy of ''within 10%'' in that I fully understand the nature of the product, expect a degree of variation but anything more than 10% out in terms of colour, density and other factors makes it quite hard to work with!! so I did alow a fair degree of variation with both NL and Toplace but in the end as far as customs were concerned neither got it sufficiently right.

regarding shunfa forget it nowhere near the quailty of any of the 3 vendors mentioned here...

now onto hair4all...after a false start with a system that had the grey % I requested in the temples all over the unit hair4all has nailed it!..Phil accepted the first one was wrong and had it sent back and remade, in the interim John at toplace supplied me with a #520 and it did the job very nicely for the 8 weeks it took for hair4all to get the remakes back...

I am now on my 3rd unit from hair4all and have to say certainly for me they are the only company i have been with that have 100% nailed my custom specs..the hairlines are the best I have experienced and they last a good 4 months for me, as I have human grey its always going to be less than most in terms of longevity becasue they can't be dyed or even have B2N or aufero applied when they start to lift as I will lose the grey. with my grey % so high synthetic just does not sit right so I elect to keep it natural lookig and have 4 a year, rather than the 2 or 3 it would be otherwise.

Andrea the stylist at hair4all has been great and nailed the style for me and on the occasion she was unwell I went to Tracy Aston in Ringwood who did a fantastic job of cutting my system in..I have found hair4alls communication good Alex is always polite and does her best to help and so far all but my first one have arrived on time and to spec. they are more expensive than both topace and NWL but for me its worth it as they seem to be lasting me well and the specs are spot on.

just in closing my intention is not to criticise John or Eric, they have both supplied me good stock systems , I just felt it was a bit unfair of the OP to be so critical of H4all and actually go to the lenghts of posting the factory and personally having a pop at Phil..yes he can come across a bit ''del boy'' but at the end of the day as far as I have experienced hair4all has done a very good job for me and has provided a solution where no one else could...it's as simpe as that.

BTW feel free to confirm with John or Eric that my account is honest and fair, I still order from Eric on occasion on behalf of a friend who's GF does not know he wears..I don't think either will disagree with my account, and its fair to say that all hair companies will get it wrong at some point, i was just a bit unlucky.

and finally I won't be posting pics, last time I did that (on NWL forum) somebody put my pics on their hair replacement website!!! so I won't be doing that again, you will all just have to take my word for it..;-) I have a fairly high profile job in the music industry so cannot afford for that to happen.

I hope this post is taken as intended by all, an honest,balanced and fair account of my last 3 years!

best

Joe

Edited: 10/27/2016 at 10:35 AM by londonlosinit
Statistics
35907 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 355 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 356 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc